• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Stone Bones

manifold

First Post
dak

[ooc: I going to sumarize the post a little.]

*In camp, dak unhurriedly goes about several tasks.

He attempts to bond wtih the Green.

He shares the truename of the Earth Serpent: Shess'kareth.

He inspects the water trickling down the wall, attempting to tell whether it is fresh and safe to drink, and any other information he can glean. He also attends to the spirits of the cave, trying to discern thier state. If there is a spirit in the trickle of water, he pays special attention to it.

He starts this conversation with Phaern:

"You reckon I could dip my hand into your little ditty bag, mister spryte? I don't want to be caught unable to fight if'n I have to, and I don't reckon that ol' earth serpent will flinch if'n I bop him with my staff. I don't like how I let that girl get put down like a trussed-up cow, niether. If'n we take a pris'ner again, I'mon fight it facet t' face rather'n let that damned ol' razor-mouth have his way. I know my place better'n that. I oughtn't have let it happen."

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet will also take care of his poor neglected snail, which has done in downtime previously, without mentioning it, because he's that kind of guy. ;)*

Has the snail change at all? Can Dak take a look at it?

Erekose13

Explorer
To Dak,
"Certainly, here I'm not sure there is anything left in here, but go ahead and have a look." Phaern says, reaching in to his backback and pulling out the little sack that they had taken from the ooze. “As for the captive, she had to die that I agree with, but execution doesn’t settle well with me. Dying with a sword in hand is an honourable way to go and I would want the same if I lost in combat.”

Rybaer

First Post
"I like the idea of trying to get the serpent on our side," Leesea says as she sets up her own bit of camp. "As long as it was the original protector of the Bones, it seems fitting that it resume the role if possible. And by way of its association with these vile creatures, it may be able to help us put a permanent end to the damage they're doing to the Bones.

"When we get closer, I might have better luck delving into the Akashic memory. Each bit of information I acquire makes my searching that much clearer."

Leesea will help prepare food and take her usual watch.

manifold

First Post
Dak

[ooc: "Can Dak take a look at it?" Sure, he can :) ]

[ooc: Isida, Dak is going to try to fish a weapon out of Phaern's magic bag of weapons. He is proficient with simple weaons only. Dak will also swap out spells before he rests.]

Phaern,

""That's wot I mean...I reckon she would have gone down easy...mebby it was better to jess cut her throat. I cain't say, now that I think on it. Mebby puttin' a sword in her hand and makin' her stand up to a sure death would'a been no more sportin' than killin' her clean, like we done. They's killin' all around, you know. Th' Green's full of it: spiders and flys, cats and mice... Mebby I'm jess weak an' sentimental like ol' razor-mouth thinks I am. I reckon all I kin do is speak my mind, and let th' Green sort its own self out."

Thanks for lettin' me dip into that bag."
"

Gideon

First Post
Atlas

*Atlas sits patiently listening to all of the groups comments on the possible plans.

"Do we know how these creatures are controlling the serpent? We would need to remove whatever leverage they have to really have a chance with the beast."

*Atlas will sit his normal watch, whenever that is.

Erekose13

Explorer
Dak:
"Yeah I know what you mean, its not a cut and dry situation. Maybe Dar is correct, well hopefully we wont be faced with such a situation again in the future. If we are I'll just let him take the lead."

"I don't believe that we do know how he is being coerced. Leesea, with the serpent's truename are you able to find anything more about him from the collective memory? I think we all hope that we can get the serpent's help then in removing this infection from the dark." says Phaern turning back to the conversation with the others.

Rybaer

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"I don't believe that we do know how he is being coerced. Leesea, with the serpent's truename are you able to find anything more about him from the collective memory? I think we all hope that we can get the serpent's help then in removing this infection from the dark." says Phaern turning back to the conversation with the others.

"I'm not certain if knowing its truename will help or not. The akashic memory is very fickle. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try."

After finishing her meal and before falling asleep, Leesea will find a quiet place to sit and let her mind float through the akashic memory - focusing on the truename of the serpent to see what images it conjures.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Leesea: [sblock]You see the Shadow Serpent, Shess'kareth, lurking in the indigo veins of rock. You see the white skinned people, vallorians (their name comes to you now), bringing food, slaves, and gold, all the while praising him and feeding his ego for letting them "take some of the burden off of him" and take "so little of the rock, comparitively, it can't do any harm." The words are more poison than anything, for Shess'kareth did nearly work himself to the bone to keep them away from the bones before. Tribute, he thinks, his better than combat. Much better...[/sblock]

Dak: [sblock]In bonding with the green, you notice the spirits about here are somewhat disturbed and disjointed. The source of it becomes clear to you. There is a small conclave of the Betrayers not more than a day's travel away, a conclave that is making use of the Earth Bone shards to make their perverted weapons.[/sblock]

*Kelthet, the snail seems fairly happy, as you've been keeping it fed and well-slimed. It's nearly double in size, and about to outgrow the lantern. Since you've been hand-feeding it, it affectionately wraps its tentacle-heads around your finger, and butts you softly on the hand with them. Its shell is taking on the peculiar shifing rainbow radience of its parent.*

Remove ads