• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Stone Bones

Rybaer

First Post
"Oh dear," Leesea says when she sees Indacalis drop over.

She flies overhead to get a better look at that type of moss, careful not to get too close. She tries to dredge up some of the old lore from books she perused ages ago. (Knowledge: Nature +11, or otherwise relevant knowledge skills)

"You know, if this is a natural property of the moss, we may have to be wary of symbiotic predators. The moss knocks out unwary creatures, and something that is immune to the moss comes along to consume the sleeping victim."

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet nods.* "Would make a nice place to sleep, though - no tossing and turning...." *He looks around for predators at that mention. Assuming none, he walks over, and tries to help Atlas wake Inca.* "Perhaps we could carry some of this with us in some way? I would like to have a way to deal with creatures that didn't involve killing them where they stand. Not at first, at least...."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Leesea, you think the purple moss might indeed be the twilight sleeper, or forever blanket, a kind of moss that thrives on moisture and sucks it right out of the air... or its victims. Its sweet scent will put people to sleep, and then it proceeds to cover and smother its victims, drawing nutrients from their flesh.*

Rybaer

First Post
Leesea, holding her breath, leans down for a closer look at the moss. Digging through her memories, she recalls a pertinent entry in an old book she once read.

"Stay away from the purple moss," she instructs everyone. "I'm pretty sure it's something called the Twilight Sleeper. Knocks you out and then slowly consumes your body. Pretty nasty way to go, though I imagine it's relatively painless. Sorry I didn't notice it earlier...the color should have tipped me off. I'll check the other mosses, see if I recognize any other hazards."

Leesea will fly around and inspect each variety of moss, careful not to touch or breathe too deeply around any until she is confident that they're harmless. (Knowledge: Nature +11)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Well, it seems as if the rest of the moss is not immediately dangerous, though you probably shouldn't eat it. It should be safe enought to sleep on though, once you get rid of the purple moss, if that's what you desire.*

*Atlas and Kelthet can pull Indacalis and shake him awake in a minute or two.*

"Don't get too close to the purple moss, it will put you to sleep," are the first words out of his mouth. Then he seems to realize that he was just asleep and shuts his jaw with a snap.

Rybaer

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Atlas and Kelthet can pull Indacalis and shake him awake in a minute or two.*

"Don't get too close to the purple moss, it will put you to sleep," are the first words out of his mouth. Then he seems to realize that he was just asleep and shuts his jaw with a snap.

"Thanks dear, we'll keep that in mind," Leesea says with her best grandmotherly face. "The rest of the moss looks fairly safe, though I wouldn't recommend eating it. Might want to deposit the mule somewhere that he can't reach it. Indacalis, could you double-check the other mosses for me? It's not exactly my specialty."

Erekose13

Explorer
Phaern does what he can to help clear away the purple moss, a little ashamed that he suggested they sleep in a cavern where such a dangerous plant growing. He goes about it in an almost uncharacteristic silence, watching Atlas and Kelthet rouse Indacalis.

[ooc: sorry for the absence. was on vacation, but Im back now]

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet continues trying to figure a way to get the moss into a container, for use later, while also checking for the most comfortable spot in the cavern*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*By use of a shovel and whatnot you can scrape away the dangerous purple moss. Putting it in a chest or a tightly sealed and woven bag, or an extradimensional space, should hold it mostly harmless. Indacalis examines the rest of the moss, and after several minutes declares the rest of it to be safe to sleep on. Kelthet, there's a nice soft bed of the orangish moss that seems like a good place to snooze.*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads