• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Stone Bones

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*After several more minutes of traveling, the walls are steadily become less reddish-orange and more orange-red. You think that by the time you get done traveling today you will probably get to the truly orange caverns. There are small crevices every few dozen feet, and occasionally you hear skittering or see a flick of a tail or a snout. A few times you see some flying pests, and see signs of rats or other rodents. Those are probably what the lizards are eating.*

*After several hours of winding through the caverns, some with frozen "waterfalls" of calcite in beautiful colors of white, red, and green, others with veritable forests of stalagmites and stalactites, you're still following the stream. Moss continues to grow along its banks, and you see the blind fish nibbling at the edges of it in the water. Once you see a place where it almost seems as if the wall is bleeding, but examination proves it to be red ocher dampned by the moisture in the cave. Still, it's a bit creepy.*

*Shortly after what you guess to be noon, according to your stomaches, you find a cavern whose walls are a distinct shade of orange. However the entirety of the floor of the twenty-foot wide cavern is covered in two-and-three-foot high blue mushrooms; the stream meanders through the room. Curiously enough both sprytes keep getting sparks of static popping around their wings as they get close.*

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Curious." Phaern says as the sparks pop nearby. "We might want to walk or hitch a rider here Leesea, doesn't look like these are dangerous, but you never know. Hey Indicalis are these mushrooms safe to eat? I'm getting kind of hungry. If they are a no go perhaps some of them fish again."

Erekose13

Explorer
"How many colours? Well lets see we have seen red and orange. That would leave yellow, green, blue and purple. Once we get deeper we might come across some smaller folk who live down here. Hopefully we will have enough of our food supplies to batter for aid from them. At the bottom we may encounter the Shadow Serpent which if I remember correctly Greyclaw described as being particularily mean. Hopefully that will lead us straight to the Bones of the Earth." Phaern replies.

Rybaer

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Curious." Phaern says as the sparks pop nearby. "We might want to walk or hitch a rider here Leesea, doesn't look like these are dangerous, but you never know. Hey Indicalis are these mushrooms safe to eat? I'm getting kind of hungry. If they are a no go perhaps some of them fish again."

"Yeah, I have no interest in seeing my wings fried," Leesea says. "I have to wonder if these mushrooms aren't the source of the sparking, though."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Indacalis takes a closer look at the mushrooms, and finally takes his walking stick and pokes one gently. Every single hair on his body stands out at an angle and he looks vaguely surprised.*

"I don't think we should touch them. It might hurt," he says finally, after spending a few moments in thought. "Maybe if we go through the stream...:

*However, Leesea, with your knowledge of science, you think that if anything at all managed to set off those mushrooms while you were sloging through the water... it would go badly for you all.*

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet reaches out with his greatsword, to poke one of the mushrooms lightly.* "Interesting, these. Moss and mushrooms don't usually attack, I'd think."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*As Kelthet pokes the mushrooms, he suddenly feels a great pain arc through his body from his sword. The very air crackles around the mushrooms and you can all see strokes of miniature lighting racing up the sword into Kelthet.*

*As he draws back, gasping, you all hear a faint twittering sound. Looking up onto the ceiling of the cavern you see several lizards, nigh-invisible until right now due to their camoflauge. They are no more than a foot long and rock gray, but you can see electricity playing along their scales as they chirp.*

[OOC - Kelthet takes 6 points of electrical damage.]

Erekose13

Explorer
"Um I think that lunch can wait till later. It looks like we have disturbed their nest, perhaps we ought to keep moving. Here Kelthet let me have a look at that." Phaern says, casting a quick lesser transfer wounds over the electrical burns.

Last edited:

Remove ads