• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Stone Bones

Rybaer

First Post
Leesea looks on in concern as Kelthet is shocked.

"Finding a way around may pose a problem in an of itself," she says. "If we try to wade through the water, we could be putting ourselves in a bad position. Might have to find another way to safely get across here."

Leesea tries to look across the mushroom field for any path that might be clear of the fungi.

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet shakes his head quickly, almost like a dog trying to shake out water.* "Well, that answers that question." *He peers up at the lizards, curiously.* "Those seem to be the source of the crackling. Anyone know if they're likely to attack us if we pass by?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"I'm not sure. I think we should see if we can pick our way carefully past these mushrooms to the other side, before they have a chance to get too curious." Phaern offers, uncomfortable being land bound.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Maybe it is the mushrooms that cause the lightning. The lizards may just enjoy the lightning," Indacalis says quietly, looking at the hazardous mushroom field with concern written on his face.

rangerjohn

Explorer
*Atlas looks closer, to see if the mushrooms, emit lightning if not touched?* ~Although, I doubt there is a way I could get through without touching, much less leading the mule Then he remembers his torqe!.~

*He turns to address the others* "I have an item that protects me from lightning a short time each day. Do any of you have similar items or abilities?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Altas, if the mushrooms remain undisturbed, they don't seem to emit lightning, though the hair on your head starts to rise up when you get close to them. You see a couple of options; try to wade throught the shallow stream running through the cavern and hope you don't touch any mushrooms by accident, try to tip-toe through the mushrooms and hope you don't touch them, or maybe charge through them quickly in hopes you won't get too hurt. Or you could activate your torque, stand in the middle and sling people across the room! ...or not. ;)*

Erekose13

Explorer
"Most of us are a bit smaller than you Atlas. I think that if you wanted to prepare yourself and perhaps carry the mule across, then that would be a good idea. The rest of us I think can make our way carefully across. Though it might be helpful if you could try to pick the best path through the mushrooms first while protected. Then we can follow in your foot steps." Phaern says. Every so often he looks to the ceiling to make sure that the lizards have not become hostile.

dead_radish

Explorer
"Perhaps. I think we could be careful enough. It doesn't seem like the mushrooms are fatal in any case, so we can recover as needed. Perhaps someone could keep a ranged weapon trained on the lizards, for eventualities?"

Rybaer

First Post
Leesea will try to find a suitable perch from which to watch Atlas' movement across the room. She's trying to study the way the mushrooms and lizards react to his presence in hopes of unlocking a safe way to get the others across.

Remove ads