• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Aug] What Are You Reading?

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I'm just starting Grisham's "The Broker". Since that will be a quick read, I'm finally going to start reading "The Da Vinci Code" just to see what all the fuss is about.

Kane

Krug

Newshound
Starting on Knaak's The Demon Soul, part 2 of the Warcraft Trilogy.

Didn't quite like how it started out where basically what the villains set out to do was accomplished, to a certaind degree, and the major villain who died is bought back.

Filby

First Post
I've just picked up used copies of Horselords and Dragonwall, the first two books in the Forgotten Realms "Empires Trilogy" about the invading Horde, but I haven't had a chance to crack either open yet.

danbuter

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I just finished Sackett by Louis L'Amour (The Universe's dad has always been a big western fan and, as such, so is The Universe... he tossed me the book when I asked for something read).

It was really, really good. Short, fun, and incredibly well written! Two thumbs up!

I love Louis L'amours books. I recommend "The Walking Drum" if you are interested in the middle ages.

Tolen Mar

First Post
Hoo boy, am I behind!

The last time I posted to one of these threads I was reading book 3 of Kevin Anderson's Saga of Seven Suns. Then I started 'Wizard for Hire' by Jim butcher ( a collection of his first 3 novels in the Harry Dresden Line).

By the time I finished that, Harry Potter had come out and my wife had burned through it in about 3 days. She really liked Dresden (as did I), even though we only bought it on a whim, and so she was burning up to talk it over with me. I had to get through the Saga first. Same with Harry Potter, by the time I finished with Dresden, she had finished Potter, and wanted to talk with me about it.

Bless her soul she was fit to burst but kept quiet so she wouldnt ruin any of them for me.

Recently we bought the next 2 Dresden books, plus book four of the Saga of Seven Suns. I just started the Saga book, and she is reading Timeline, so neither of us have cracked open Dresdens next case.

The sad thing is, after powering my way through the Saga (which I thought was a trilogy until halfway through, now he's signed a contract for at least 6 books), then Dresden, then Potter, I took a couple of weeks off to rest.

So, for now I am in the opening stages of the Saga book 4, with more Dresden books on the way. In between I decided to read all of the RIFTS books I have lying around that I never got through in the hopes of one day convincing someone to let me run a campaign therein again. My head hurts...

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
danbuter said:
I love Louis L'amours books. I recommend "The Walking Drum" if you are interested in the middle ages.

Amen! I wish he'd written that sequel before his demise :(

Louis L'amour's great. Cosmo Lengro the Tinker is going to make and appearance in some of my campaigns when I get around to it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads