[August] What are you reading?

KChagga

First Post
Tales of Sector General by James White

I think I seem to be the only person I have ever known who enjoy these books, despite the fact that I hear they are popular.
Well I like them and I think others would too.

Starman

Adventurer
I'm rereading The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I just started The Waste Lands today.

Starman

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
Krug, read Fight Cub next.

I'm currently reading Ghostwalk, whatever magazines I've recently gotten in the mail, SW:FH3: Reunion once I get, my comics when I pick them up in a few days, and the Liberation of Tenh (only started it recently so I'm working on getting current).

Andrew D. Gable said:
Well...take a guess. That's right, STILL Three Kingdoms. I'm at the Nanman Campaign now.

Should we start taking bets on whether or not you'll finish by the end of the year?

reutbing0

First Post
Almost finished Weis and Hickman's Test of the Twins (Dragonlance legends series). After that I'm launching into The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James,

NiTessine

Explorer
I'm now starting the second part of Robin Hobb's "Liveship Traders" trilogy, The Mad Ship. Once I've finished the trilogy, I'll move on to finishing the Sembia trilogy, and then... Neil Gaiman's American Gods.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
On my list this month (with some bleed over from last month):

Crossing the Threshold of Hope by John Paul II

Seize the Knight by Dean Koontz

The Right Hand of Evil and Second Child by John Saul

The Haunting of Hill House and We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson

Dominion: The Power of Man, the Suffering of Animals, and the Call to Mercy by Matthew Scully

I Am Jackie Chan: My Life in Action by Jackie Chan

The Abolition of Man by C. S. Lewis

The Parthians by Malcolm A. R. Colledge

nHammer

First Post
NiTessine said:
and then... Neil Gaiman's American Gods.

I'v only got about 50 pages left to read in American Gods, and I find it a little dissapointing. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I'm finding it kinda boring.

I'm also reading Good Omens by Gaiman and Pratchett. Tell you what, the Apocalypse has never been funnier.:D

I have Stephen King's The Waste Lands waiting it's turn.

Last edited:

WayneLigon

Adventurer
KChagga said:
Tales of Sector General by James White

I think I seem to be the only person I have ever known who enjoy these books, despite the fact that I hear they are popular.
Well I like them and I think others would too.

I love the first five. I haven't read Star Healer or the ones after it. Checking Amazon... wow, I've missed a lot. I need to get those when I get back in an SF mood.

Right now, I'm reading The Swordsman's Oath by Juliet E. McKenna (Book two in an apparently on-going series; first book is the wonderful The Thief's Gamble ). I've started that book like three times but this time seems to be the charm. I've gotten past the Chapter That Did Not Make Sense, which always bored me before and caused me to put it down. Now, of course, I know what that chapter was about and why it was there. But a little hint would have been better. :)

So, there are two more books after that one in the series but I don't know if I'll get to them next. I re-joined SFBC, so I have five thick collections coming soon :)

Methinkus

First Post
Alexander: The Sands of Ammon by Valerio Massimo Manfredi. Volume 2 of a trilogy chronicling the life of the greatest man who ever lived. It's why they call him The Great. His name was Alexander.

The Manfredi is an Italian historian, not a writer, so some of the dialogue is a little . . . "uncomfortable" but it's accurate and very entertaining. Overall its a great fun bit of Idle Worship for me.me.

Remove ads