• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aundair raiders - Game started.

Eryndur

Explorer
Aundairian marines dropping out of an airship using Featherfall is so Eberron-esque it's not even funny.

And yeah, I was under the impression this was all backstory. As the Cold War sets in after the Treat of Thronehold, our unit becomes almost covert ops, intelligence-gathering, infiltration, sabotage, assassination. Thus our redeployment to the border near Thaliost, to work our magic.

Something like that.

Jemal

Adventurer
This game keeps getting better and it hasn't even started. :D

I think I'm going to type up our Dragon Encounter.. Just wondering how to fit it into our war... And make it fairly recent... when I don't know much about Eberron's history. I'm thinking I'll just make it fairly 'generic' but with a bit of the Eberron feel (which I've been picking up from reading the rulebook and this thread) and let you guys help out on anything you feel is missing/wrong.

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, while we're at it, Quaal's Feather Token's seem MADE for military.. I was looking through them cuz I thought they had a "Feather fall" one (Makes sense, right.. feather token, feather fall?) but sadly they don't.
They do however, have:
Bird: Carrier Pigeon, lasts until message is delivered
Swan Boat: Moves at a speed of 60', carries up to 32 medium sized characters & Gear, lasts 1 day.
Tree: 5' diameter Trunk, 60' high, 40' diameter Branches Tree instantly springs into being.

I don't know about you guys, but I can see Military Applications here.

ethandrew

First Post
Jemal, please feel free to write up the dragon encounter. I'm trying to be as vague as I can about characters, not using names just generalities. Right now I'm typing up an entrenchment scene in the Crying Fields. I've had a more work today than I anticipated (30 minutes of it so far out of 5 hours, it's rough), so any help is appreciated.

Jemal

Adventurer
ethandrew said:
I've had a more work today than I anticipated (30 minutes of it so far out of 5 hours, it's rough), so any help is appreciated.
*L* I've had jobs like that.. Hope it eases up. ;)

Drerek

First Post
Check out City of Towers, that has some one-use feather fall items in it, in fact, they're on page 170. Feather Fall Talismans.

ethandrew

First Post
So here's some more, it's not my favorite but it's something.

It had been a tough past couple of months fighting. Being stuck in a drainage ditch of some burned farm in the middle of the Crying Fields was not exactly the type of heroic bravery and valor the 51st had initially envisioned. The Crying Fields, an ironic name since the only liquid that wet this ground was the blood of honorable men. Here, in this drainage ditch, the pointlessness of the war had not started to settle into the Aundairians’ hearts, for they know that even though they fight for scorched soil, bereft of life and devoid of hope, they would rather die than fall to Thrane. This was their pride, their honor and valor, their heroic bravery tied to these few square miles that they so steadfastly held with no mercy, this is Aundair and no Thrane would ever hold this land.

Time had taken its toll, however; time and hunger. They had received no word from command in two weeks save to hold this line. With diligence and passion, the brave soldiers of the 51st Airborne did just that, knowing their brothers and sisters harbored the same dedication to their country and to each other. Though they did not push, they held, the stalemate endlessly enduring. Days would pass between skirmishes, yet complacency never set in. Supplies ran low, food scarce forcing rations to be cut, stomachs to be empty.

Despite all this, the 51st Airborne had suffered minimal casualties while reaping devastating effects against their foes. They achieved this through camaraderie, superior teamwork, and a wealth of skill. While their training had prepared them for battle and life on the lines, it had failed to prepare them for the attrition they faced.

In their religious zeal, the Thranish converted any Aundairian by the sword; they scorched any land not yet blackened. Opposing scouting parties were common, as was their immediate capture. When orders dictated a change of locale, the 51st would meet any foe head on, attacking with the fervor one would expect from a soldier from Aundair. But a friend would fall, sometimes two, and the doubts began.

While it was important not to lose any ground to Thrane, at times it seemed pointless to fight and die for such trivial land. Surely there were more pressing matters the 51st Airborne could be doing. For a platoon with such a stellar record, their efforts seemed wasted in this desolate land.

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
All folk of the brightest realm, wave the flag for victory!
Build the walls high that none can harm a land so free!
Aundair is on the move! Hold your standard high!
March on! March on!
Aundair strives on until victory is ours!

Eryndur

Explorer
Jemal said:
I think I'm going to type up our Dragon Encounter.. Just wondering how to fit it into our war... And make it fairly recent... when I don't know much about Eberron's history. I'm thinking I'll just make it fairly 'generic' but with a bit of the Eberron feel (which I've been picking up from reading the rulebook and this thread) and let you guys help out on anything you feel is missing/wrong.

Maybe a young (not too bright) dragon living in the Starpeaks, unassociated with Argonessen or the Draconic Prophecy, hears about the human upheaval, decides to checks things out, flies south, and -- hey, look! -- an army of delicious flesh just waiting for him along the V&V front. Death at the hands of Dead Men ensues.

Remove ads