Aundair raiders - Game started.

Eryndur

Explorer
Jemal said:
Also of note (And sorry for multiposting), I like the 51st platoon, but am not too fond of the name Adal's Blade.

As I can't currently come up with something better, I'm not saying we should change it yet, but if anybody else has any ideas..

If we're still part of the same company we were attached to during the war, then something referring to the Towers Vigilant and Valiant would be appropriate. A few ideas:

- 51st Tower Brigadiers

- 51st Airborne

- 51st Ghalt Irregulars

- 51st Dousing Company, or simply "The Dousers" (referring to their ability to "quench the Silver Flame")

Jemal

Adventurer
Shaggy - I'd say go with the Wizard/Knight.
Bards are either Twinked to be nigh-unstoppable killing machines, or are practically useless.
(IMO)

Plus Knight's a fun class, and a wizard/knight/Eldritch knight would be easier, cooler, and more effective, I think. (ER, E.Knight IS what you were going for, right? Seems like from the proposals so far)

Eryndur - I like the 51st Airborne.. Short, simple, yet it sounds.. i don't know, official & Butt-kicking. "We're the 51st Airborne. FEAR US!"

ethandrew

First Post
Jemal, I like the psion, I say you should go that route. We seem to have some good front-line capabilities, and so the versatility that character would contribute could be very useful. Side note: Marshall gets cleric BAB progression, so they can go into front line pretty well. I think that's how I'll play my guy too for the most part.

As for healing, I could take Able Learner feat and max out my UMD, wands of CLW or Lesser Vigor and that could be my primary combat role, that and my auras.

I like the sound of the 51st Airborne. Has a lot of nice badassery in there!

Jemal

Adventurer
yeah.. for front line seems we have Primary: pal/grayguard. Secondaries: Monk, Marshal, Fighter/Mage. (I call these secondary not b/c I think they're less effective but b/c they have innatley less HP and Attack bonus.)
So I guess we are covered there.
Ranged damage : Archer.
Spellcasters : Archivist, psion(Telepath), and Artificer.

My only problem with the psionic character is that I want to try that Pyro class.. the problem with this is that they don't gain any increased psionic powers, and their first few levels worth of power are all melee combat stuff until they get Bolt of Fire, which comes in at character level 8. and at that point, it's 3d6 damage, with less versatility and range than a warlock's Eldritch Blast can be. the Pyro concept is decidedly Melee at lower levels.

I suppose I could drop the Melee part of my Warlock and just go with a ranged warlock, or drop the Pryo and try a straight out psionic character.. hmm, have to think on it.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I was thinking rather that the official name of the platoon would be something like: 51st infantry platoon of the northern army. And the Adal's Blade a nickname we got after we became somewhat elite. "The Dousers" offered by Eryndur would make a good nickname too.

DrZombie

First Post
Okilidokili.

The reason why I choose different levels is because it feels more natural, they tend to even out after a few encounters, and they tend to discourage munchkins :D . At the moment in my tabletop game the difference was 5 levels between the highest and the lowest. After the first fight the difference is 4 levels.

Start with mmh 12000 gp each.

Looks like we have 10 players, which is a bit much, but it'll sort itself out. Remember, not all of you have to be members of the secret service.

Mista Collins

First Post
Sorry it took so long for me to respond.

Looks like my Psionic Telepath will be 5th level. Bummer it wasn't 6th so I could have done a level of Thrallherd PrC and started the game with my own personal network of eyes and ears. Then again, it will be very interesting roleplaying the character obtaining the class (if allowed).

Jemal, if it helps you decide, even though my Psion will be a telepath, he is still going to have some "fire" power.

Autumn

First Post
Firstly yes, my Archivist will be a healer. He'll have some bigger heals ready all the time and he'll invest in a wand or two of CWL for post-fight patchup.

Secondly though, I thought the idea here was to avoid a classic dungeon crawling quarter-of-the-party's-resources-per-encounter-equals-four-encounters-per-day type game? In which case, I don't see any reason to worry unduly about whether we have a combat medic.

Anyhow, for anyone who didn't see my absence thread, I'm going away for a few days - I'll be back on Tuesday. Hopefully that won't foul up the planning here too much. I'm really looking forward to the game. :)

Drerek

First Post
Autumn said:
Secondly though, I thought the idea here was to avoid a classic dungeon crawling quarter-of-the-party's-resources-per-encounter-equals-four-encounters-per-day type game? In which case, I don't see any reason to worry unduly about whether we have a combat medic.
Yeah, but sh!* happens, so it's nice to have a healer just in case. :)

Remove ads