Aundair Raiders : Raid on Throneport

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Sarelo moves the ship as close as he can to the combat this round, and then moves over to the edge, surveying the battle, ready to jump into the fray with his own featherfall spell.

Jemal

Adventurer
"I'd say they're about to have some real trouble" Came the powerful voice as a lance of golden energy surged downwards and the dragonborn lady flapped past the ship. "Looks like it's going to be a good day, doesn't it boys?"

[sblock=ooc]
Gillians Initiative: 23
Spot check: 21 (I hit a wrong button, it's supposed to be +10 b/c of my warlock invocations, not just +4, so I added the 6 on top
Gillians stats: AC 23, HP 37, DR 1/Cold Iron, 100' above ground level.
Eldritch spear has a range of 250'. Touch Attack roll: AC 16 for 9 damage
[/sblock]

DrZombie

First Post
One of the assailants gives one last wail of agony then drops dead, the residue of the eldritch spear still jerking the muscles of his now dead body. Several arrows whizz past the attackers without doing any damage (Aranth, Retief, Devon). Konnel throws the rapelling lines overboard and prepares to drop down. Forge looks for a target, but they are still out of range. Jael simply jumps overboard and casts a spell on the way down. Sarello then makes a fine maneuvre, forcing the ship down and towards the fight. It's now about 30 feet high over a small road, with the assailants inbetween the caravan and the airship.
The bandits, on their part, see that the fight has turned against them and try to leave. They spread out into the forest. The dwarf on top of one of the carts sends another blast of arcane energy towards the fleeing bandits, causing one of them to fall from his horse.

Init:
23 Gillian
21 Aranth
17 Konnel
11 Retief
9 Devon
7 Forge
6 Jael
3 Sarelo

Eryndur

Explorer
Konnel throws himself over the rail and slides expertly down the rope to the ground. He yells out as he descends, "Run, you craven bastards!"

He salutes the dwarf merchant smartly, then holds out his hands in a placating manner. "Goodmaster, we are soldiers in Her Majesty's army. Are you or any of your fellow travelers injured?"

[sblock=OOC]Move action: Descend rope. Standard action: Approach the merchant.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Gillian heaves another blast after them to ensure they won't think of returning, before swooping around in a circle to keep an eye out.

[sblock=ooc]
another 250' Eldritch spear (Touch AC 20, for 17 damage, then maintain altitude.
[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Still standing near the edge of the ship, Retief arcs his bow high into the air, pulling back a considerable distance as the strong wood bends back before releasing a high arcing shot that looks well aimed at the far-retreating bandits.

Attack with same modifiers: 22 to hit, dealing 11 damage.

Motivate Charisma Aura up, +4 on Cha checks.

Once the bandits have effectively left his sight, he will climb down to the ground, moving to follow the others to the attackers victims. "Mind yourself, Konnel. We were soldiers in Her Majesty's army, now we are simple caravan guards." He always hated demeaning his friends, a duty he loathed. Turning to the dwarf he smiles, "My name is Retief Mantayne. My brother Konnel was correct to ask of your injuries. We have the means to treat them. Please good sir, do you know who your attackers were and why they targeted you?"

Diplomacy check of 35 to make his attitude as helpful as possible.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Jael lands gracefully with the practice of a decade of drops and seems disappointed when he notices the bandits fleeing. He walks to towards the caravan and waits for his friends to land. Better let Retief do the talking he thinks to himself.

Mista Collins

First Post
Slowly and awkwardly making his way down the ropes, Devon gives a sigh once he is on the ground. With years of traveling by airship, he never got using the ropes on drops. Unfortunately, his mind was elsewhere before they left and he forget to procure a featherfall talisman.

Walking over to one of the dead assailants, Devon starts pilfering through its belongings for any sign of who they might be. This task would be so much easier if a live body were left behind to interrogate, but over the years the psion had gotten used to it as there are many reasons people call them the Dean Men.

Remove ads