• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Author (and artist) of The Book of Erotic Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Hello, welcome aboard and don't think you have to defend yourself or your work. Any information you can provide would be appreciated as I do think we are muture and all know how to handle adult issues.

Hong, sex can help any one rep! :)

kenjib

First Post
Hello Gwendolyn,

Thanks for posting here. To what extent does the book cover topics of fetish and occult sex rites? The press release seems very much slanted toward these topics in a very intentional manner. Are these topics covered in depth or is this a marketing tactic?

Re: Author of The Book of Erotic Fantasy

GKestrel said:
The topics are treated with taste, seriousness, and humor. It's not an in-your-face book.

Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel
"Unashamed."

Thanks for the information.

I do not know why but I keep getting the horrid images in my mind of those 1950's US goverment informational movies. You know the one with the commentator who spoke in the background:

"Now watch as young Bobby climbs into bed."

"Oops don't forget to take your clothes off first"

Bobby looks up with an 'oops' look on his face then starts to undress.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Re: Author of The Book of Erotic Fantasy

GKestrel said:
I've spoken with Anthony about the prospect of sharing a few excerpts from the text with the public in the near future.

Perhaps, before you even go that far, you might give everyone some idea of the types of new material you will be bringing to the pool. Of course, some material will be OGC simply because it has to be, but are there any new mechanics that you are probably going to open up just because you'd like to see them picked-up at other Pubs? If so, what please? Hook me now while you have my attention...

diaglo

Adventurer
Re: Re: Author of The Book of Erotic Fantasy

DocMoriartty said:

Thanks for the information.

I do not know why but I keep getting the horrid images in my mind of those 1950's US goverment informational movies. You know the one with the commentator who spoke in the background:

"Now watch as young Bobby climbs into bed."

"Oops don't forget to take your clothes off first"

Bobby looks up with an 'oops' look on his face then starts to undress.

yeah, i'm seeing Masters and Johnson written all over the cover of this one too.

Edit: or Kinsey.

Last edited:

LostSoul

Adventurer
I, for one, am looking forward to this book. I'm developing a campaign world in which sex is a big part, so this might be able to help.

I just hope there aren't any mechanics for having sex.

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Re: Re: Author of The Book of Erotic Fantasy

Mark said:

but are there any new mechanics that you are probably going to open up just because you'd like to see them picked-up at other Pubs?

Can we please not use the abbreviation "pubs" in context of this conversation? :D

I think even though the author feels besieged to a point, the issue remains the fact that the press release for the product barely mentioned the fact that there would be any writing in the book whatsoever, instead focusing on the fetish photography and sexual antics of the book's publisher.

What impression were people supposed to get?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Re: Re: Re: Author of The Book of Erotic Fantasy

d20Dwarf said:

Can we please not use the abbreviation "pubs" in context of this conversation? :D

I think even though the author feels besieged to a point, the issue remains the fact that the press release for the product barely mentioned the fact that there would be any writing in the book whatsoever, instead focusing on the fetish photography and sexual antics of the book's publisher.

What impression were people supposed to get?

It's so rare I ask a serious question. Can't we just...?

I am interested. I don't know many people who decide to bring a book to print without a fairly good idea of what is going into it, even if the exact wording isn't planned this far in advance. I have no doubt they have discussed what types of mechanics will be in the book. I have no impression of the book myself, because I am very much a wait-and-see kind of guy when it comes to products. Just wait and see my next one! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads