graydoom

First Post
Wicht said:
Why do people bother to put "do not reply" and "please don't post" on test threads. It is counter productive.
Perhaps because they do not realize that depraved, insane people like us are around?

I'm just glad that this thread is getting used for what it was meant for. More people that learn to test their .sig or avatar here means less people cluttering up the General Discussion forum with threads that poor Piratecat has to close.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
graydoom said:
Sorry, I consider it my duty to reply to any thread that says "ignore" or "do not reply".

You really should have used on of the 5 or 6 other test threads.

I would have replied to this in my "Test" thread, but since I created my own thread, and therefore had the ability to delete it after testing, thus creating less clutter on these boards, I have to respond here.

If you create a test thread yourself, you can delete it yourself.

If you add on to someone else's test thread, you can't.

graydoom

First Post
Kid Charlemagne said:
I would have replied to this in my "Test" thread, but since I created my own thread, and therefore had the ability to delete it after testing, thus creating less clutter on these boards, I have to respond here.

Click Edit. Look at the top of the edit your post page. There is a little button and checkbox you can click to delete your post. I haven't tested it to see if it works... but I assume it does.

Guess what? I just made a post in this thread... then deleted it! Amazing, huh?

Kid Charlemagne said:

Riiiiight. The "Delete?" checkbox and "Delete Now" Buttons work just as well on individual posts. Thus, make test posts in test threads.

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
graydoom said:
Riiiiight. The "Delete?" checkbox and "Delete Now" Buttons work just as well on individual posts. Thus, make test posts in test threads.
I haven't yet experienced any difficulties with deleting posts and/or threads, so I can second this. :eek:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I've now turned this "feature" off. Folks, do me a favor and see if you can now delete your own posts. You shouldn't be able to.

Thanks!

graydoom

First Post
Piratecat said:
I've now turned this "feature" off. Folks, do me a favor and see if you can now delete your own posts. You shouldn't be able to.

Thanks!

Well, at least I was able to do it once before it was disabled.... :D.

Let's see if I can do it again with this post....

Edit: Yup, I can't delete this post.

Last edited:

Remove ads