• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Avenger and Twin Strike question

Gang, is there anything for a Human Holy Avenger that will allow Twin Strike as an At-Will power, aside from Half-Elf and Versatile Master?

I'm at level 9, and didn't realize I had to be Half-Elf to get this. The DMs in our game won't let me change to Half-Elf now. (even though I wrote a pretty good cover story for the tie-in to our current campaign - I'll post it if anyone really wants to read it).

Thanks!

Paragon multiclassing...

or harikari.

Well, "harikari" I don't think is a viable option. :)

As far as Paragon multiclassing goes... I can take Ranger for a multiclass, but Twin Strike is an encounter power, not At-Will. Versatile Master allows you to make this into an At-Will, but it requires that you be Half-Elf.

So....I guess the question still stands. Or am I missing something about Paragon multiclassing?

Thanks for the reply! :)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Paragon Multiclassing is an option you can take instead of a normal Paragon Path. (And it sucks, so don't go into this lightly.) It allows you to trade out one of your at-will powers for an at-will power from another class.

Another option is to take Eternal Seeker, which may allow retraining all of your powers for powers from any class (one at a time, as usual for retraining). Not everyone agrees with this interpretation, so run that by your DM. Even if you get approval, it's only valid at Epic.

Cheers, -- N

Droogie128

First Post
Well, "harikari" I don't think is a viable option. :)

As far as Paragon multiclassing goes... I can take Ranger for a multiclass, but Twin Strike is an encounter power, not At-Will. Versatile Master allows you to make this into an At-Will, but it requires that you be Half-Elf.

So....I guess the question still stands. Or am I missing something about Paragon multiclassing?

Thanks for the reply! :)

Twin strike is not an encounter power. It's an at-will.

Yeah, Paragon Multi Classing is the only way to do it. You'll need to MC ranger and then get all 3 of the power swap feats before 11th level, but I think you're late on doing that. You may be able to delay that choice to 12th level? I'm not sure, I don't recall any specific language about that. Still, the DM may be nice enough to let you fudge on one feat.

PMC is, contrary to some people's opinions, not actually a bad option. It is likely to be a bit weaker than most PP choices but for some builds its actually the best way to go. For an Avenger it probably isn't the best thing you can do though. Still, a lot of Avenger powers are a bit on the low damage side and if you can make it work it could be interesting.

Mr. Teapot

First Post
I think the thing is that if you multiclass to pick it up, you get an at-will power as an encounter power.

That's still wrong. For some multiclass feats, you get an at-will as an encounter power (see wizards and invokers). But there isn't a feat to do that for a Ranger. The Ranger MC feats either give you a once per encounter limited duration Hunter's Quarry, or the ability to wield a bigger weapon in your off-hand.

Paragon Multiclassing, like multiclassing in most versions of D&D, has a good chance of making a sub-par character if you make the wrong choices, and a chance of making an excellent character if you make the right choices. Rolling twice per roll on Twin Strike at-will is a "right choice" (provided your Str doesn't suck). your accuracy and crit potential would be crazy good.

Remove ads