• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Avenger / Ranger?

ghearus

Explorer
However I am curious exactly what rogue power it is that will give you multiple attacks... There is exactly ONE at-will power in the entire game that does that, Twin Strike. Pretty much the only way to get Twin Strike as an at-will if you are not a ranger is to take an MCPP in ranger.

There is another at-will in Martial Power, the Fighter At-Will Dual Strike, though Twin Strike is a far superior power; it allows two ranged, or two melee attacks and keys off of different attributes.

Also, the easiest way to get an at-will from another class is to play a half-elf and take the paragon feat Versatile Master from PHB II :)

Cheers!

There's a half-elf avenger w/twin strike via Versatile Master, Daggermaster for the PP, loaded with Bloodiron daggers, +crit damage feats and equipment, and the damage is scary. You don't need an 18 in your starting stat when you get 4 rolls per turn and crit on 18-20. Who cares if your weapon is only 1d4 when you deal 7d10 or 8d10 at minimum on a crit?

There's a half-elf avenger w/twin strike via Versatile Master, Daggermaster for the PP, loaded with Bloodiron daggers, +crit damage feats and equipment, and the damage is scary. You don't need an 18 in your starting stat when you get 4 rolls per turn and crit on 18-20. Who cares if your weapon is only 1d4 when you deal 7d10 or 8d10 at minimum on a crit?

Ah yes, Versatile Master and Twin Strike. Had almost forgotten about that. I wonder exactly how preposterous a half-elf avenger can get now. It seems like it would be pretty much the ultimate. Especially when you consider that an Avenger can pump AC up to AT LEAST 54 by 30th level, full time. Who even needs the rest of the party with that? lol. Will is going to probably be your weak spot, but it is certainly a scary build when you consider you'd have the best damage, the best AC, and the best to-hit possible in the game all at once if I read it correctly...

ghearus

Explorer
Fold in the Paragon Feat Two Weapon Opening for a free melee basic attack with your offhand weapon when you crit with your main hand weapon.

bganon

Explorer
MP has a few multiattack rogue powers: a level 7 Encounter (Circling Predator), a level 5 daily (Driving Assault), a level 25 daily (Cruel Pursuit)... there are a few that also allow followups on certain conditions, which is almost as good.

I'd completely forgotten about the Versatile Master+Twin Strike combo. Hmmm.

I compared a few simple scenarios at level 13 and the Elven Daggermaster Avenger was a bit below the Jagged Execution Axe Avenger (with multiclass ranger for bonus damage) in avg damage for at-wills, and surprisingly close to competitive with encounter powers assuming one or two favorable bonuses for both builds (such as CA).

I wanted to compare more "nova" scenarios like "Meditation of Blade in effect, Driving Assault plus action point Whirling Blades with Critical Opportunity followup if possible" vs. "Avenging Shadow in effect, Aspect of Might plus action point Strike from Empty Air". But the conditional probability math, especially on the first one accounting for Elven Accuracy rerolls, is a huge mess. I suspect this is where a Daggermaster Avenger really can shine, though. That's up to ten d20 attack rolls in a single round, by the way, and I'm not even trying very hard to break the game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads