• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Avengers, 1889 [IC]

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Thor, 2 HP, still feeling rather mighty

Thor groans aloud as he sends Mr. Hyde sailing into a shelf full of undoubtedly priceless artifacts. "To think that I contribute to the destruction of this beautiful place," he sighs, sadly, before turning to survey the battle to see if any villains need his particular brand of attention more than the downed Hyde. Seeing Shark Killer advance on the stunned Captain Britannia, Thor's eyes narrow, and he raises his hammer.

"You! You foul-blooded traitor!" he bellows, as his weapon crackles with electricity. "Hide yourself in that suit if you will, but I find myself wondering just how well a container full of water will stand up against the might... of THOR!"

And the crack! of thunder fills the room as a bolt of lightning bursts from the head of Mjolnir, arcing towards Shark Killer!

(OOC: And the mighty Thor rolls a... 17. Oh, well...it may still hit. But here's hoping it just hits Shark Killer and not the Captain... :heh: )

Last edited:

Necro_Kinder

First Post
Huzzah for ninjas!

Ronin moves quickly through the dust and debris to get closer to the screaming Banshee. His eyes quickly look over his target before he leaps forward and lets loose a handful of shuriken with stunning accuracy!

Ronin is still using his stealth to move closer to Banshee, hoping to stop her from attacking Justice so he can tangle with Gargoyle.He then he puts the Cap'n's Inspire bonus to good use getting a 30 on his attack roll with his Shuriken (Autofired). Also, not sure if you need another stealth check, but he gets another 30

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Staggered, injured, bruised.

Still weakened by the attacks on her, Black Widow manages to get steadier on her feet. She launches another blast of venom at the Goblyn...surely the confounded miscreant's luck had to run out SOMEtime!

"Sometimes, Goblyn, all it takes is a little time to truly appreciate what I do."

Attack roll: 28 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1194868

(Damage DR 23, Fort save DC 18 or suffer damage again, etc)

Elric

First Post
Capt Brit, 2 HP; despair (-2 attck, def, skill checks), injured+bruised

Captain Britania manages to put some weight on his leg and spring to his feet- it's fine. He sees the Mighty Thor smack the evil Hyde with a blow that sends him flying across the room. Then Thor starts charging a lightning bolt aimed at Shark King. Uh oh. He's been pretty inaccurate as of late. I need to get out of here. Thinking quickly, Captain Britain springs towards Hyde and strikes Hyde with a mighty blow from his shield.

[sblock=OOC](1d20 + 8 attck -2 desp + 2 Hyde stunned, -5 PA)= 1d20 + 3= 12 (13 dmg). Edit- if Hyde was prone that would be an attack roll of 16 instead.

Further Edit- if Hyde wasn't prone, then I'm rerolling with an HP, for a total attack roll of 16: http://invisiblecastle.com/rolldice.py?u=Captain+Britania&r=1&d=1d20+3&n=HP+reroll&a=Roll+the+dice

OOC: Shake off stun with HP. Oops, that probably misses. I only have to hit his flat-footed Defense, though.
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1194991

Edit- if I was prone, got a 23 (edit: 21- I forgot about despair- still makes it) for acrobatics to Instant Up (get up as free action): http://invisiblecastle.com/rolldice.py?u=Captain+Britania&r=&d=1d20+14&n=Acrobatics&a=Roll+the+dice

According to Karl, we were both prone. So I made the check to stand and he's prone so I'm not rerolling my attack. Also, looking over the stat blocks I saw that Thor doesn't have Precise Shot. So that provides a really good rationale for my actions![/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Wolverine, 1 HP.

[sblock=Will save] 11
HP Reroll: 18 +5 Inspiration = 23!![/sblock]

Wolverine shakes off the effects of the Mind-Flames, and looks up at her, thinking for a few seconds, until he hears Thor's lightning bolt. "Ya know sumthin.. Yer right." he then turns and throws himself at Shark Killer, shouting "Good Idea, Blondie... SWITCH!"
[sblock=ooc]Whoops, forgot Conditional Modifiers. + 5 Inspiration to saves!!!!
Actions = Delay till right after thors turn, then Charge Shark Killer.
Attack: +8 - 2 despair + 2 charging = + 13. damage 8. Defense = 12.(-2 charging - 2 despair).
BTW, Is there anyway to get rid of the despair short of spending a Hero Point?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
follow-up from Round 1

The Gargoyle King escapes from the mental forces holding him. He laughs and turns towards Justice, “Ah, der un prolo, your statue will not be added to my collection I afraid, you are far to low a pleb to grace it… I will smash your instead!!!

Initiative Order for Round 2
27 – the Green Goblyn
25 – Cossack Rytsar, and Mr. Hyde
24 – Ronin
22 – Captain Britannia
21 – Wolverine
18 – Shark Killer
17 – the Mighty Thor
16 – Goliath and Justice
14 – Black Widow and the Hulk
12 – Screaming Banshee
10 – Hellstone and Scarlet Witch
2 – Gargoyle King[/i])

Green Goblyn starts to giggle incessantly and another strange looking pumpkin from his bag of tricks “Let’s play a game… its called DIE WITCH DIE!” but instead of throwing it he turns his flying contraption down and dives straight at the Scarlet Witch! The young gypsy sees that there are two large, and very sharp spear looking apparatus attached to the front of the machine and they are pointed right at your chest! [Green Goblyn melee attack vs. Scarlet Witch (+2 attack for charging, -2 attack for Power attack) (1d20+8=20), a hit. Scarlet Witch needs a Toughness save of 27 (base 10+2 power attack)]

Cossack Rytsar snaps something in Russian to his comrades
Spoiler for Black Widow, Wolverine and Scarlet Witch [sblock]“Forward my Men of Renowned, for Glory and Gold and Blackest Hearts, for deeds most dark! For Hydra!!”[/sblock]
[Cossack Rytsar uses Leadership for Mr. Hyde to shake off the affects of being stunned. As this will affect Captain Britania the most this round, I am giving him the Hero Point. NOW because of this, Hyde is not stunned so you will need to spend a Hero Point to hit Hyde this round. I will wait at your action to see if you want to spend it…]
…and as he does this he steps races back towards the smoke and dust cloud.

Mr. Hyde cruses and growls loudly from his pile of debris, and then rolls up and out of the pile [ Mr. Hyde Acrobatic check to stand instantly vs. DC20 (+3 for master plan) (1d20+13=14), misses it. So Hyde will spend a move action to stand and another move action to move up onto Thor again but he will not get to attack this round, but his feet get tangled up in the loose mortar and wood. He still stands and moves toward Thor “I’m going tear your arms off and feed them down your THROAT!

Ronin, from concealment, throws his shurikens into the body of the Screaming Banshee [hit will all 5, Screaming Banshee Toughness save vs. DC21 (1d20+8=13), d’oh, failed by 8! Stunned and 1 Bruise hit. NOTE that to ‘Hide In Plain’ sight again after an Attack you are -20 to your Sneak roll (see the Skill notes), so your total if a 10 this round. Concentration test to maintain Despair vs. DC18 (10+power rank, +3 from master plan) (1d20+5=16), fails, NOTE to all that anyone suffering Despair are not longer suffering the affects this round!!] causing her to wail in pain and anguish. Instantly, the wave of despair that affected Black Widow, Captain Britania and Wolverine falls away and they all can breath a bit more easily!

Captain Britania leaps to his feet and rushes towards Mr. Hyde….

(OCC –ok waiting to see if Captain Britania is going to spend a Hero Point to hit Hyde, and if anyone else is going to change their actions…
Scarlet Witch needs a Toughness save of 27, but she is still +5 to all her saves from last rounds Inspire!
Updated map also
)

Attachments

• map.b.JPG
    map.b.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

the_myth

First Post
SCARLET WITCH, 1 Bruise+1 Injure, 1 Hero Point

The Scarlet Witch screams as she flings herself out of the way of the Green Goblyn's deadly spears.

OOC: Toughness save vs. DC 27: 17 +5 inspire -1 injured = 21 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1195829

The Scarlet Witch would be stunned+bruised+injured in addition to injured + bruised, so a Hero Point is spent for a re-roll. A 27+4=31! http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1195843

Whew!

Edit: I forgot all the modifiers for these rolls: Original TGH save gets +5 from Inspire, but -1 from Injured, so a Hero Point still needed to be spent.

Last edited:

Elric

First Post
Capt Brit, 2 HP; injured+bruised

Captain Britania manages to put some weight on his leg and spring to his feet- it's fine. He sees the Mighty Thor smack the evil Hyde with a blow that sends him flying across the room. Then Thor starts charging a lightning bolt aimed at Shark King. Uh oh. He's been pretty inaccurate as of late. I need to get out of here. Captain Britain sees Hyde get up and thinking quickly, he springs towards Hyde and strikes Hyde with a mighty blow from his shield.

(OOC: Spending an HP to reroll. Total attack bonus= 16, for 13 dmg since it would have been 16 with Hyde stunned but now he's not stunned but despair isn't in effect, so those cancel out. If that doesn't hit I'll be pissed :) )

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
partial Continuing of Round 2

Scarlet Witch easily dodges the Goblyn’s charge, causing him to hiss in frustration…

Initiative Order for Round 2
27 – the Green Goblyn
25 – Cossack Rytsar, and Mr. Hyde
24 – Ronin (all have gone already)

22 – Captain Britannia
18 – Shark Killer
17 – the Mighty Thor
16 – Goliath and Justice and Wolverine
14 – Black Widow and the Hulk
12 – Screaming Banshee
10 – Hellstone and Scarlet Witch
2 – Gargoyle King[/i])

…when Captain Britania's shield smashes into the subhuman’s skull [hitting Mr. Hyde, Mr. Hyde Toughness save vs. DC28! (-1 for one wound) (1d20+9=15), d’oh again, miss by 13. Takes another Bruised wound and is Stunned and Unconious. Knockback is 13-5=8 or 250 feet!!!], and with a loud CRACK! the strike sends the monster reeling back into another shelf of history causing it all to come crashing down to the ground hard.

Snarling, Wolverine waits upon his comrades…

Shark Killer curses the Captain but turns on him, again attempting to stab him with his mighty Harpoon! [Shark Killer charge melee attack vs. Captain Britania (+3 master plan, +2 charge, -3 power attack) (1d20+8=11), miss!]

Thor direct the power of lightning and storm down onto the head of Shark Killer [OK Thor does not have Precise Shot, so -4 to his ranged attack for a total of a 13. Normally this would MISS Shark Killer, but as he just charged, -2 to Defense brings him down to 13, Huza! Hit. Shark Killer Toughness saves vs. DC23 lightning (1d20+10=28), but his super succeeds that roll.], but the ex-Royal Marine simple laughs (at least you think he is laughing), and turns his attention to the Thunder God.

Suddenly Wolverine springs into action and races towards Shark Killer and slashes at him with his razor claws [no despair so +10 to attack, Wolverine attack vs. Shark Killer (1d20+10=24), hit. Shark Killer Toughness save vs. DC23 (1d20+10=11), natural 1, double ARG! Hmm, nope Shark Killer not worth the hero point. Failed by 13, his is Disabled, Stunned and Staggered and has taken an Injured and Bruised wound], and cuts the suit open, with blood and sea water spilling out! Shark Killer reels back and falls to the ground not far away, clutching his wound as best he can.

Roaring with rage, Goliath tries to bring both fists down onto the Hulks head [Goliath melee attack vs. the Hulk (+3 master plan, -5 power attack) (1d20+4=14), a hit as the Hulk All-Out Attack last round. Damage save for the Hulk is 30! (base 10 +5 power attack)]

Reaching out with his powers of Darwin, Justice tries to grapple the Gargoyle King again [Gargoyle King grapple test vs. 29 (-4 for improved pin) (1d20+14=22), arg… must escape ;) +1 Hero Point for Justice as he re-rolls re-roll Gargoyle King grapple test vs. 29 (1d20+14=22), but as I spend a Hero Point, the 8 becomes and 18+14=32, success!], but this time the stone monster is to strong to contain. Roaring he shouts “Peasant! You will know the cold touch of the Gargoyle!

Black Widow’s poisonous ray strikes Green Goblyn on his shoulder [Green Goblyn Toughness save vs. DC23 (1d20+9=27), easily made. Poison save for 1 minute later, Green Goblyn Fortitude save vs. DC18 (1d20+11=13), missed! Man for +11 he has failed both times!!, but while the linger affects may still hurt him the Goblyn shrugs off the attack once again. Growling he says “Why wont you women just DIE!

OK waiting to see if the Hulk makes his Toughness Save (DC30!) and if he attacks before finishing up the Round

Attachments

• map.b.JPG
    map.b.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
HULK Bruised x4, Injured x2, HP 2

Rolled 24 toughness bruised and stunned. Spend an HP to immediately recover stun, all out 5 power attack 5 agressive stance rolled a 19 to hit. Surge to attack again rolled anatural one!!!! GRRR Okay ANOTHER HP to reroll. got a 22 Goliath needs to make 2 toughness saves DC 33

Goliath's blow sends Mr Hulk reeling! For a moment darkness creeps around the edges of the Behemoth's vision. This only served to make him angrier.

"No NO! Mr. Hulk is the strongest one there is!!!! RARGHHH!!!!!!!!" He grabs the Giant Man by his ankle and picks him up by it and repeatedly starts to slam him by his ankle against the floor.

Mr Hulk will be at Defense 4, Fatigued, and out of HP so I hope I got this Big Bastitch out!

Last edited:

Remove ads