• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Avengers, 1889 [IC]

the_myth

First Post
SCARLET WITCH, stunned & bruised, HP3 [1 used]

The shots from Rytsare's pistol pierce the Scarlet Witch's Mystic Shield, striking Wanda in her side. Bruised and startled by the attack, Wanda blinks as she surveys the mayhem around her, valiantly shrugging off the tormenting wail from the Screaming Banshee.

OOC: Toughness save versus DC 24: 18! http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1191064
Bruised, and stunned until Rystare's next turn [-1 to TGH vs. nonlethal, -2 DEFENSE].

(Since she can't do anything this round anyway, the Stun is kinda moot, no?)

WILL save vs. DC 18...a 9! http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1191089
argh! BUT: The Scarlet Witch had her Mind Shield activated; against mental effects, she automatically saves if the save DC modifier is 6 or less [I am assuming it's +8]; if not, then she gets a +6 to the roll, which is only a 15! blah!

Use a Hero Point for re-roll: a 13 [roll of 8 +5 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1191105 ] becomes a 23! No need to worry about the mental effect vs. Mind Shield.

Initiative for next round: 10. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1191112

Declare actions now or after everyone rolls initiative?

Karl Green

First Post
the_myth said:
ThOOC: (Since she can't do anything this round anyway, the Stun is kinda moot, no?)

Declare actions now or after everyone rolls initiative?

(OCC -very true, and you can declare your Actions for Round 1 now as everyone has rolled Initiative {only you and Thor did not get to act... you are bit low on the count, but if you want to edit later that's cool also

NOTE for everyone PLEASE remember to track your Hero Points and Conditions up in the Title of your Post. I will be watching your number also but it is one less thing for me to worry about it you help me out there ;)
)

the_myth

First Post
Karl Green said:
(OCC -very true, and you can declare your Actions for Round 1 now as everyone has rolled Initiative {only you and Thor did not get to act... you are bit low on the count, but if you want to edit later that's cool also

NOTE for everyone PLEASE remember to track your Hero Points and Conditions up in the Title of your Post. I will be watching your number also but it is one less thing for me to worry about it you help me out there ;)
)

OOC: Ok, Wanda goes almost last, but I intend for her to use Air Control to Trip an enemy...target to be named after some other characters declare actions.

hero4hire

Explorer
Hulk Bruised x3, Injured x2 HP 3

The Behemoth known as Mr Hulk shakes the cobwebs from his head as if awaking from a nap.

"Rargh! Big Man try to hurt Mr Hulk! MISTER HULK SMASH!!!!"
he leaps into the air and with a double fisted smash brings his two ham-hands down on Goliath's head.

OOC: Rage, Power Attack 5, All out Attack 5, Inspiration 5 attack roll 21 Damage DC 33

Elric

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]Lol, Jemal, lethal attack means that it is a damaging attack doing lethal as opposed to nonlethal damage. Even if we're playing with "massive damage" rules, you'd need to miss the save by 20+ to get killed outright. So with a result of 21 you fail by 2 and take an injured + a bruised condition. Had you not rerolled you'd be (edit) disabled, staggered stunned instead (miss by 10): still not dead

Also, Blind Azathoth: you don't get to add 10 to your reroll: that only happens if it's 10 or less. So you end up with an 11 for the roll, not a 21.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Elric said:
[sblock]Lol, Jemal, lethal attack means that it is a damaging attack doing lethal as opposed to nonlethal damage. Even if we're playing with "massive damage" rules, you'd need to miss the save by 20+ to get killed outright. So with a result of 21 you fail by 2 and take an injured + a bruised condition. Had you not rerolled you'd be (edit) disabled, staggered stunned instead (miss by 10): still not dead

Also, Blind Azathoth: you don't get to add 10 to your reroll: that only happens if it's 10 or less. So you end up with an 11 for the roll, not a 21.[/sblock]

[sblock=Elric]If we can, lets keep OCC over in the other thread as much as possible, if that's cool... you can always copy/paste a quote over there. Not a big deal :)[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Wolverine, Bruised, Injured, Despaired(-2), 1 HP

[sblock=rolls]Will save # 1: 17
Will save #2: 13 Hero Point Reroll: 11+10=21.[/sblock]

A wave of despair washes over Wolverine, and as he staggers under the crushing feelings, the dark flames washes over him, dropping him to one knee with a groan. He manages to hold on, though, fighting his way back to his feet and throwing himself at Hellstone.
[sblock=ooc]
*OK, Reposting for simplicity*
Failed both will saves, spent hero point on a reroll, failed it by less.
I regen and Charge.
+8 atk(8-2 despair+2 charge), 10 damage(lethal, Penetrating 4), defense 14(-2 charge). [/sblock]

Remove ads