Awakening Apocalypse - Shadowrun 5E setup discussion (Recruiting)

Shayuri

First Post
Heehee

You have to understand that any run in the shadows involves an inordinate amount of paranoia from the player side of things. :)

That's doubly true in a scenario where we feel lower powered, since we don't have the luxury of knowing what we're up against. That lack of intel always translates into cautious steps.

But don't worry, we're getting into the swing of things.

Mosier

First Post
Bumping this, as the first run of this campaign has been successfully completed. The team caused a nearly-measurable dip in expected profits for CTI! Way to go guys. :)

Please use this thread to distribute the 5 bonus karma you all received. See you back in bizarro-Denver soon!

Shayuri

First Post
Wee! I should have invested all the nuyen I don't have into the competitor I don't know about!

Assuming there's a stock market in Shadowrun. I feel like the answer is almost certainly yes, though they may not let the proles do much with it.

Shayuri

First Post
GlassEye 2
Till 2
Rubberneck 1

lol...it feels awkward, like I'm dissing the one I give 1 to instead of 2. That's not how I mean it, Rubberneck! (^_^)

Mosier

First Post
It does seem like everyone may be worried about making it fair/even. That wasn't what I intended with this bonus karma system, and I think we can just scratch the idea for this run and just give everyone their normal karma. I can see a couple of ways we can handle this for the next run, and I'd like to get your opinions on these options.

Option 1: No bonus karma for runs
Option 2: The GM awards bonus karma for high quality posts
Option 3: Players award each other bonus karma (on the spot, not after a run) for high RP quality posts, and any un-awarded karma at the end of the run is lost

My opinion is probably obvious - I'd prefer option 3, but I suspect I'm in the minority on this. Maybe there's an option I'm not considering, too. Everyone please give it some thought and offer an opinion on how to handle this.

Also, I'm considering adding one more player for the next run. I don't have anyone in particular in mind. I need to know how many of you are interested in sticking around for the next run, and whether you'd mind having an extra player. Also, one cool thing about Shadowrun is that the nature of the runs means that if you want to sit out for a run, you can easily come back for the next one.

If everyone wants to stay for another run, and if you'd prefer to keep the invites closed, I won't add another player. It's up to you!

TL;DR - Please tell me how you'd prefer to have bonus karma handled. Also tell me if you're still in for the next run, and whether you'd like an extra player invited for next run.

Shayuri

First Post
Lets do 2 AND 3. People can vote on a post by post basis to award karma, with perhaps a cap per post, or a threshold of at least 2 or 3 upvotes to trigger the point award?

Also, I'm totally in and I wouldn't mind seeing another player. :)

TillForPie

First Post
My feeling is that we've all played with each other, we know each other, and we know the quality of content that we're capable of creating. I don't think awarding xp/karma for quality posts would actually have any appreciable affect on the posts themselves. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the system, especially considering how tiny the karma awards themselves are (we need dozens to do anything, don't we?). But I'd probably never fully join in on such a system according to its spirit (as you can see from my above distribution).

I'd be fine with another player joining - just understand it'd make the game take longer.

And of course I'm joining the next run.

GlassEye

Adventurer

I think I agree with Shayuri on karma distribution: a combo of options 2 &3. As for another player, I'm for it. In fact, I think it would be a good idea. I'm also up for the next run.

Remove ads