Awakening Apocalypse - Shadowrun 5E setup discussion (Recruiting)

Rubberneck

First Post
Finally some action. The whole stealthy thing isn't my style lol. So how are dice rolls going to be done. Is Mosier going to handle them or are we going to need to use invisible castle or something? The forums built in one won't work because it adds all the dice rather than shows their individual results.

TillForPie

First Post
Casper's tasing him, because Kevin may have the equipment necessary to raise an alarm silently and without any visible motion. Kind of like any of us could. :)
Fine by me. But I thought tech like that was still super rare at this point in the timeline? I mean Skinny needs goggles to even navigate AR. I've been pretty unsure what the technology level is at since the start, to be honest, haha. I'm used to going full can-guide-in-a-missile-with-a-thought vatjob-mode in Shadowrun.

Shayuri

First Post
Hahaha yeah, it's hard to keep track of. I really need to make a cheatsheet of pre-Adept Casper so I can keep my pools straight.

And you're probably right. He probably can't. But really, leaving him conscious just makes him a weight around our necks in Casper's opinion. Better to take him down quickly and quietly.

If only the dice agreed. :)

TillForPie

First Post
And you're probably right. He probably can't. But really, leaving him conscious just makes him a weight around our necks in Casper's opinion. Better to take him down quickly and quietly.

If only the dice agreed. :)
Good thing Skinny's still perfectly equipped to take him down both quickly and quietly. ;) Only reason to keep his lights on is that he might be useful in the security room but HB should be able to pretty trivially handle whatever the system can throw at us.

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, and we don't have the skills or time to interrogate him productively, I feel like. Anyway, yeah if you can do it quiet, then definitely go for the finish. :)

Do stun damage if you can though. Stun and Body damage don't stack.

Mosier

First Post
Yes it is. The security office door is maybe 30 meters away, along the wall that Kevin is currently backed into.

This is an area with a fair amount of traffic from CTI employees, so wrapping up whatever you're going to do with these workers is a good idea. I'd like to point out that knocking them unconscious while leaving them in the hallway will be a dead giveaway to whoever happens to walk into this area next. That's not necessarily a problem, because you can probably fight your way out of anything CTI throws at you, but if the goal is to stay quiet for as long as possible, you don't want to knock these goons out and leave them there.

Also, panic buttons are not super-high tech. It's just not likely that some regular guy in a business suit would have one. He would, however, have a comlink. Most people in America would. They're as ubiquitous as smartphones are in the real world. The tech level we're working with in this game is "mostly the same as 2010-2020 real life tech, except that people are starting to access the internet in a cooler, more immersive way"

Mosier

First Post
One last thing! Shayuri, I just wanted to mention that I'm aware of how anxious you must be to see Casper's magic rating emerge. That will come directly after this run (literally in the first follow-up post). To be honest, I expected this first run to work as an introduction, or a tutorial. I thought it would only last a couple of pages, but I underestimated how thorough you miscreants would be!

Remove ads