Awakening Apocalypse - Shadowrun 5E setup discussion (Recruiting)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Thanks. I'm perfectly fine with auto-failing rolls until I get everything together but I would like to start with everyone else. If I have questions as I wrap up I'll post 'em up here.

GlassEye

Adventurer
There are so many options that I've found myself second-, third- and fourth- guessing (if I can take liberties with a phrase) my decisions. I feel I did make some good progress last night but I'm still tweaking a few (some major) things. I'm also tweaking my character story, at least, those things that haven't come up yet.

Is elf available? It wasn't proscribed in the house rules but the narrative sounds like elves didn't start popping up until 2011. If elf is available would 'Distinctive Style' be an appropriate negative quality? I can revert to a human version if elf won't work in the story.

Where are the characters based? That wasn't clear to me. Can we have enemies? Should enemies be based in the same location as the character?

I'll be pouring over gear during my spare minutes at work today but if anyone has any advice on the subject based on your experience or readings, please, let me have it.

If I think of anything else I'll be in off and on today to ask.

Mosier

First Post
Elf is available (dwarf as well) at the start of the game. You'll be one of a very small number of "spike baby" elves, who were born before UGE in 2011. Until 2011, the spike baby elves were so small in number that most people just considered them to be deformed humans. You'll face a lot of adversity from NPCs and maybe even other characters, unless you take steps to appear more human. Orks and trolls are available too, but it will work differently, as you'll be undergoing a transformation into your metahuman type during the campaign if you pick ork or troll.

The first mission is based in Denver. You can have an enemy based in Denver. I'll probably make any enemy of yours into a major recurring threat.

GlassEye

Adventurer
For some reason since Friday I can only access ENWORLD from my phone. Home and work computer both get connection timed out errors and say that enworld is not responding. Not sure kow much I'll be able to post until that gets resolved.

Mosier

First Post
That's weird. How would you like me to handle this? I'm ok with minimizing Heartbreak's impact for now, and run him as an NPC until you get the technical issues resolved.

Rubberneck

First Post
This is actually a problem with a lot of people. Shayuri hasn't been able to get on and Kiraya (another GM/Player that is in quite a few games) couldn't even log on and she just got that fixed.

Mosier

First Post
Okay, in light of the issues the enworld site is giving us, I think it's a good idea to put the game on hold for a week or so, or until Shayuri and Glasseye are able to resolve the technical issues with the site.

Shayuri

First Post
I haven't been able to get onto Enworld since Friday, folks. I apologize for any delay that may have caused the game. I assure you, it wasn't by my choice.

I've got a massive mountain of posts to make, but I will get to this as quickly as I can. A little more patience and all will be well. :)

Remove ads