[Azyra] The First Adventure

rwelle

First Post
The room is small but large enough for the group to fit into comfortably. Even more so with the majority being under four feet tall.

Four chairs are spaced evenly around a thick wooden table. A few rolls of bread along with sliced meat and cheese sit on a platter atop the table. A decanter of chilled fruit juice sits next to the platter with a few cups upside down next to it.

The employer has already seated himself with his back to the wall, facing towards the door.

"Welcome, now we can get down to business!" He gestures to the food and drink. "Feel free to help yourselves, you'll need the energy."

He pulls a map from a pocket in his robe, spreading it out on the table and using the cups to flatten the edges.

"I assume you are aware of the local geography. We are located here" He stabs his finger into the center of the map, "and the treasure I seek is here." He traces a road north-east out of the city into the hills a few days walk from the city. "There is an old stone trail that leads away from the road here and should be a few hours hike until you'll reach an old cairn. You may encounter a few orcs or goblins in the hill but it should be fairly safe."

He pulls a few more pieces of paper from his robe, setting the pictures on the table. "These are what I am looking for. Anything else you find is yours to keep."

The three pictures are of a ring, a goblet, and a small metal box.

[sblock=Ring]The ring is made of a silver metal and set with three blue gems set in a triangular fashion.[/sblock]
[sblock=Goblet]The goblet is made of gold and is crusted with gemstones of multiple colors. Four faces adorn the sides, shaped into four different emotions: Joy, Wrath, Peace, and Misery[/sblock]
[sblock=Box]The box is made of simple metal with two locks on the front. A small figurine is carved and set atop the box but it is too vague to make out more than a humanoid shape.[/sblock]

"When you return with these items I will pay a total of three hundred gold which you may split in any fashion you wish. This along with the treasures you acquire yourself should be more than sufficient compensation."

[sblock=Skill Check]If you wish you may attempt to use diplomacy to gain better rewards but you risk losing some if you fail.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Please create and post a quick reference sheet. This will have any spells you have access to for the next encounter, your hit points, AC (and flat and reflex), defenses, basic attacks, and any other pertinent information. You can use colors to make it easier to understand. For example.. [sblock=Tyr Da' Eastsheer]Dwarf Ranger 1
Diplomacy -1, Perception +9 -- Darkvision
AC 16 Flat 16 Reflex 10
Fort 6, Reflex 3, Will 4
HP 12/12
Speed 20, Initiative +1
Melee 4 Ranged 2
CMB 4 CMD 16
Dwarven Axe +3 1d8+4 x3[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

battlebiscuit

First Post
Bezim hungrily tears into the proffered food while watching and listening to the human intently. His eyes light up at the sight of the map, and the depiction of the three items is of special interest. Bezim forgets his food for the moment and addresses the human, "These are magnificent looking objects! Excellent craftsmanship! Which begs the question: With such valuable treasures at stake, perhaps a more handsome reward should be in order? These items look to be worth far more than 300 gold pieces to any who should find it. Especially if we'll be fighting to recover them for you..."
[sblock=DM]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2789153/ <-Diplomacy Roll[/sblock]
[sblock=Bezim Fundroot]HP-9 AC-18 Flatfoot-14 Touch-15
Fort-2 Reflex-7 Will-1
CMB-+3 CMD-13
Rapier- +1, 1d4
Shortbow- +5, 1d4
Sap- +1, 1d6 (non-lethal)[/sblock]

rwelle

First Post
Steepling his hands in front of him the human smiles down at Bezim, a predatory glint in his eyes. “Well young Bezim… While these items are definitely of value to me they aren’t of much value to other parties. You do make a good point though; you will most likely be fighting for their recovery. For this I will supply you with a total of 6 health potions, this should be enough to ensure your safe return.”

[sblock=bb]Good job, that roll was a success. Do you know how to convert it into a clickable link? Just use the Link button on top of the post.[/sblock]

Stanimal

First Post
Bastgare follows the other into the room. Seating himself at the table he pours himself a drink and begins to construct a small sandwich while listening to their host talk. At the sight of the pictures he leans towards them interestedly while eating his newly constructed sandwich after glancing at each picture in turn, he settles back into his seat and continues to eat while listening to the conversation.

[sblock=Bastgare Duinien] Gnome Fighter 1
Kn;Dungeoneering-5
Handle Animal-4
HP-15/15
AC 21, Flatfooted 16,Touch 13
Fort-6 Ref-2 Will-0
CMB-2 CMD-14
Attack bonus Melee-4 Ranged-4
Flail-+4 1d6+2 x2
Heavy steel shield-+4 1d3+2 x2
Speed-15ft
Initative-4
[/sblock]

battlebiscuit

First Post
Bezim is very much pleased at the additional aid offered by the mysterious contractor, and replies, "Indeed, such elixirs are a boon to our sort, especially when delving into dangerous territories! I'll gladly accept the potions as a symbol of the trust vested in our band, and with that I offer you my personal oath that I'll not return without obtaining these three objects you so desire. I assume you'd prefer we make haste to the location immediately then?"

Bezim makes sure the two gnomes are present, informed, and ready; thus upon completion of the briefing with their employer, the trio may strike out towards the cairn northeast of the city.

rwelle

First Post
Wayrick listens intently while filling his mouth with meat and bites of rolls. He nods appreciatively when he sees the three items. "Potions are good! What recipe do you use? Are these the blue health potions or the red? Have you seen the green potions before? I really like the flavored potions, green apple is my favorite." He pauses to take a drink from the pitcher of juice. "When do we leave?"

The human raises an eyebrow and chuckles. "I'm glad to see you're all excited to get going. I'll meet you outside in the morning with the potions, you can take the map and the pictures. It's a pleasure doing business."

With that he rises from his seat and leaves the room, almost unnoticed by Wayrick who seems to be constructing the largest sandwich ever seen by gnomekind.

[Sblock=OOC]If you need to buy any supplies or do anything IC now is the time to do it, it's the afternoon so you may want to figure out lodgings for the night. You'll need trail rations as well, I'd pack a minimum of seven rations[/sblock]

Stanimal

First Post
Bastgare finishes his sandwich washing it down with a cup of juice then hopping up from the table and swinging his pack onto his back he says "I don't know about you guys but I plan to enjoy my last night with a real bed I'll meet you in front of the tavern tomorrow don't be late." With that he exits the room and approaches the Barkeep "Do you know a place a fellow could enjoy his last night in civilization? Preferably with comfortable beds."

battlebiscuit

First Post
Bezim also exits the room, bidding Wayrick a good night. Upon re-entering the tavern common room, he sets his pack down next to the bar and after Bastgare is done questioning the one-eyed dwarf, inquires if the offer of a meal and a room in exchange for working in the tavern that night was still offered. He promises that if given the chance, the crowd would not be disappointed by his display of juggling and legerdemain. "In fact, I'd be willing to wager that after a couple nights of my performances, you'll find yourself with a livelier nightly crowd!"

rwelle

First Post
Tor looks up from the broadsheet he's been reading; blowing a smoke ring over Bastgare's head as he sets his pipe down.

"Rooms here are one silver for a private room, fifty copper for single bed in the common area. Breakfast is available in the morning for fifty copper. We have trail rations also, best in the city. How many will you be needing?"

Tor turns back to the Cliffport Gazetteer as Bastgare ponders his decision.

Last edited:

rwelle

First Post
Tor sighs, setting the Gazetteer down behind the bar as he turns to Bezim.

"Of course the offer still stands Bezim, feel free to try and entertain tonight. Might even draw a crowd beyond the normal troublemakers. If you do well enough I'll get you some supplies on the house."

Tor looks beneath the bar, seeming to flip through some papers before he announces to Bezim that he'll be in room number 13.

Last edited:

Remove ads