[B.A.D.D.] I did a bad thing....

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
I have been to ashamed to write, I let my party kill 3 Dragons. 2 of them where Very Young (1 step above hatchlings). The party was 10th level and had no real problem with these. Then they had to fight Mama.
She was a mature Green Dragon. She was flying at the edge of the her breath weapon range and hitting the party. The part had one pair of boots of flying, they finally gave them to the nasty fighter, he flew up and hit her a few times. She landed on some of the party memebers thinking I could crush them. All that did was allow the 5 party memeber to hit her for tons of damage. I finally dove into water to run away to her underwater lair. The wizard had put water breathing on most of the party and freedom of movement on the nasty fighter. Well the dragon did make it to her lair but I had put no defenses. Arggghhhhh. I thought being hidden underwater would be enough. Any way they killed the dragon got her loot and where happy.

I know the mistakes I made
-I didn't use the spells I was given effectively or at all
-I fought in melee combat with the party
-No defenses in a lair.

I am prepared to take the punishiment of B.A.D.D. and if you'll have me, I'd like to join the ranks of B.A.D.D.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
DMaple said:
Someone make him a "Poster Boy" for why we need B.A.D.D.

Actually, that's not a half-bad idea - let's take all the people who joined with similar experinces and ask permission to post their stories (names removed to protect the innocent) on the site.

Not all will want their stories up, but I'm sure we could find a few - there seem to be lots of repentant BADD members out there. :)

Wolfspider

Explorer
*places a scaly hand gently but firmly on Dagger75's head*

You are forgiven, my son. I will let you search your own soul to find what penitence you must do.

I like the idea of you being a B.A.D.D. poster child, though. :D

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
CRGreathouse said:

Actually, that's not a half-bad idea - let's take all the people who joined with similar experinces and ask permission to post their stories (names removed to protect the innocent) on the site.

Not all will want their stories up, but I'm sure we could find a few - there seem to be lots of repentant BADD members out there. :)
Kinda reminiscent of the Anonymous Alcoholics and similar groups... Yes, I think that this idea is quite worthwile. :)

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Wolfspider said:
*places a scaly hand gently but firmly on Dagger75's head*

You are forgiven, my son. I will let you search your own soul to find what penitence you must do.

I like the idea of you being a B.A.D.D. poster child, though. :D

I will accept the poster child position of B.A.D.D. It is the least I can do for letting those vile PC's kill such a noble creature.

Gargoyle

Adventurer
Hi, my name is Gargoyle...and I've run disposable dragons... :)

Sounds like the party wizard had a good knowledge of what they were going to be up against.

Any chance you can post the dragon's stats? We should probably collect those, and perhaps make a memorial for the dearly departed dragons on the web site, along with Charles' idea for a story hour type entry of how the dragon died.

Come to think of it, I should post the battle I ran a few months ago where I misplayed the dragon in Forge of Fury, sparing at least a couple of PCs ....ambles off, looking for notes...

Last edited:

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Gargoyle said:
Hi, my name is Gargoyle...and I've run disposable dragons... :)

Sounds like the party wizard had a good knowledge of what they were going to be up against.

Any chance you can post the dragon's stats? We should probably collect those, and perhaps make a memorial for the dearly departed dragons on the web site, along with Charles' idea for a story hour type entry of how the dragon died.

Come to think of it, I should post the battle I ran a few months ago where I misplayed the dragon in Forge of Fury, sparing at least a couple of PCs ....ambles off, looking for notes...

I am at work right now, when I get home I will suffle through the notes I have and post the stats.
:(Oh the shame:(

Remove ads