B.P.R.D. Issue #1 "City of Night"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Michael, speaking in subdued tones, passed the information he learned to the others. he allowed them to discuss it first before drawing his own conclusions.

Karl Green

First Post
Radiant said:
She concentrates on he head, her own only a few inches away from the corpse and tries to make out more.
"Do you hear that?"

ooc: int roll of 16.

It almost sounds like a radio transmitting static... she can almost make out some words now... it seems that the 'voices' (if that is what they are) are coming more into focus and becoming more clear. Lia also starts hearing that buzzing coming from else where in the room. It seems to be getting louder...

no one else seems to notice this...

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Karl Green said:
It almost sounds like a radio transmitting static... she can almost make out some words now... it seems that the 'voices' (if that is what they are) are coming more into focus and becoming more clear. Lia also starts hearing that buzzing coming from else where in the room. It seems to be getting louder...

no one else seems to notice this...

Her head snaps around nervously as she tries to make out both the voices and the location of the other sound.
Suddenly one of her hands changes.
Her fingernails lengthen and grow thicker until five dirty claws of about three inch length have grown from her fingers. Without the slightest hesitation one should feel from touching a corpse she softly digs into the flesh of the corpse to get the trasmitter free. She won't try to take it out, just to get it free so she can better hear it.

Karl Green

First Post
Suddenly the corpse of poor Franklee sits straight up and says "THE SEAL IS BREACHED, THE WALL WILL HOLD NO LONGER! ALL WILL KNOW DESPAIR AND FEAR AND DIE BEFORE HER… THE NECROPOLIS HUNGERS!

Everyone must now make a Will Saving Throw AND also an INT check please; please recorded roll +modifiers for your total!

The hands on Franklee body almost seem to be claws now and he reaches for Lia! At the same time, the other two bodies sitting on tables under their sheets sit up, 6 of the doors that hold bodies along the wall burst open as corpses fling themselves out around the group… and finally, the door marked “Not Claimed; Long Term Storage” flies open on its own power and corpses inside start sitting up… moaning and moving this way…

ALSO everyone please make an Initiative check, and what you are doing this first round. Everyone gets a partial action ONLY this round. If you are attacking please record your roll and any and all relevant information like damage saves, etc. Once I see everyone’s actions I will record the round! Now it is important also to record Hero Point remaining…

Last edited:

"Sh*t!" Andy exclaims, before moving behind one of the carts still occupied by a non-moving body (or an unoccupied one), pulling out his gun at the same time.

(OOC-Will Save roll of 11+1 for a total of 12. Int check roll of 12+2 for a total of 14. Init check roll of 10+5 for a total of 15. Andy will use Dodge vs. no one in particular. He uses his action to move-preferably behind a cart that's positioned away from the door-for cover, pulling out his gun as he moves-if you can do that in MnM, I forgot. If I can't, then I just won't pull out a gun. AC for the round is 19 + whatever cover I can get, with 3 HP remaining. Edit-Protection 6, Damage Save +7 with Evasion, +0 w/o)

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Michael was about to question what Lia was doing . . . then the corpse starting speaking and all hel1 broke loose. Michael stepped back from the immediate vicinity of Franklee and drew his personal weapon.

“Never an invulnerable red guy around when ya need ‘em,” Michael said quietly.

OOC: Will Save (Roll 13+0), Intelligence Check (Roll 6 + 0 = 6), Initiative: (Roll 14 + 9 = 23), Use HP to re-roll if ‘frozen in fear’ Will save (17 +0). Partial action is to adjust 5’ back and draw his weapon, Dodge vs. everyone makes AC: 26.

Acid_crash

First Post
Prophet HP: 3

That girl has a lot of hate inside her, Xavier thinks as they walk towards the Morgue, shaking his head in sadness.

While en route to the Morgue, he speaks to Lia, "Perhaps you shouldn't be so rude towards others, especially those who have done nothing to you to deserve it. Those who committed whatever crimes they did to you to deserve your hate, they might deserve your hatred, but not us."

Upon investigation of the body:

He searches the body along with the rest, rolling Search = 4 (roll) + 1 (ability) = total 5, and when the others mention the underwear and boots, "That doesn't make sense."

The body attacks:

Xavier reacts by lifting his staff in front of him, speaking "Blessed Father in the Heavens above, protect us with your power against these unholy creatures," and fires a blast of holy energy at Franklee.

Will: 11 (roll) + 8 (will) = 19 total
INT: 16 (roll) + 1 (int) = 17 total
Initiative: 4 (roll) + 0 (modifier) = total 4

If he can attack in this round as a reaction:

Holy Blast from Staff: 17 (roll) + 2 (range) = 19 total; Damage - 5S (DC 20)

Not spending a Hero Point this round.

Defense: 15
Damage Save: +9

(OOC: would my holy energy blast be lethal damage to the zombies since they are undead and i'm using holy energy?)

Last edited:

Drakknyte32

First Post
OOC:
Keia said:
“Never an invulnerable red guy around when ya need ‘em,” Michael said quietly.
What are you talking about, the Red Knight is just a few feet away from you :)

*Red Knight will save 13+4=17*
*Red Knight Initiative 19-2=17*
*Christopher will save, Luck to save, 7+4=11*
*Christopher Initiative 4+3=7*
(For a guy with the luck power Christopher is off to a remarkably bad start)

IC:
The Red Knight's eyes light up when all the corpses scramble out
"Finally something to do. I was afraid I was going to spend this whole trip being bored."
With that The Red Knight's body is surrounded by fire and he plods his way towards the nearest zombie.

Christopher looks much less keen to be fighting right now but he draws his gun and prepares himself nonetheless.

OOC Again:
Red Knight
Free Action: Activate Energy Shield
Half action: Either take a swing at a zombie in reach or move towards the biggest group.
+12 to hit, 11L strike damage plus 6L fire damage
Defense of 14, Damage save+12, 6 ranks protection

Christopher
Half action: Draw gun
+6 to hit, 4L damage plus 1 rank armor penetration
Defense of 16, Damage save+4, 1 rank armor

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Even though she knows that this is possible the wolf inside Lia howls in fear then the corpse moves. Dead animals just should not move, all her instincts scream to her that it is wrong.
If Xavier thought he had seen hate in her before he now knows that he was wrong. Otherwise he would have to invent a new word for her current condition. Her fangs grow, the four sharp teeth forcing her jaw apart and now her second hand starts to grow vicious looking claws just like the first.
The werewolf and undead reach for each other with their claws and she throws her head back and howls out her rage with a sound that no human throat should even be able to produce.

ooc: Will save 18+0=18, Int roll 5+0=5.
Defense: 18
Damage Save: +4

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
During all the talk, Paul seems absorbed by something.

Damn Scorpio, we need a bit more of cooperation from you.

He follow the group when they go to the morgue. He looks at the body.

"Not very beautifull. Maybe we could try to make him speak. There must be a way to talk to the deads. If I invoke Hades maybe..."

And Paul is absorbed again by some tought.

And what do you think of that idea

The deads should remain in peace, on the other side of the Styx. Cerberus wouldn't let them pass anyway, and dealing with Hades is not an easy task...

You may be right Capricorn

When he sees the corpse sit, Paul jump back. "Cerberus or Charon isn't doing his job well."

Paul starts to invoke the old Greek God in ancient Greek. His body first turn to stone (Force Field) and then, he dissapear (Invisibility).

OOC: Will: 19 + 7 = 26
Int: 19 + 1 = 20
Init: 4 + 0 = 4
Damage Save: +2 (Protection:4 while Force Field on)

Remove ads