B.P.R.D. Issue #1 "City of Night"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Kongming (3 H.P.)

"What is this?" Kongming, who has been very much the silent type this whole affair so far, narrows his eyes and follows Andy's lead, diving behind a gurney and drawing his pistol.

I'm rolling a bit like Pastor Miller. ;) Will save 2+6 (+1 Super-Wisdom, +2 Iron Will) = 8, Intelligence check 1+4 = 5 (that's right, a fumble), Initiative 12.

Karl Green

First Post
Surprise Round… Undead trouble in Timbuktu!

[Oops Lia I don’t see any Imitative Roll for you on your post. Please update. For right now I will assume at the same time as the Undead!]

Michael - 23
the Red Knight – 17
Andy - 15
Undead – 14 (maybe Lia)
Kongming – 12
Christopher - 7
Paul – 4
Xavier – 4

Reacting the fastest, Michael draws his weapon and steps back a bit away from the creatures as they rise up around him. Cold fear runs down his spine, but his training and experience allow him to fight down the desire to run (made the Fear check, but just barely ;)).

Moving faster than ANYONE thought possible the Red Knight strides forward, advancing on the creature right in front of him, as flames engulfs his armored body… and quickly starts the ceiling on fire! The old building not really fireproof! Ignoring the danger, Red Knight tries to slams his spiky, flaming fist into its face! (the Red Knight can make an attack roll this round)

Cursing, Andy jumps over the only empty table and starts drawing his gun. The creatures terrify him but he fights down his only natural reaction to run (Undead just an’t normal! But Andy is not startled). Spoiler for Andy only please
when the corpse of Franklee, it sure sounded rather strange to your ears. You can’t put your finger on it though why it stuck out..

Spilling out of doors and off tables, the Undead advance at the party quickly but can’t quit reach anyone, this round…except Franklee corpse which swings at Lia with a clawed hand…
Attack roll total (not going to tell you their attack bonus yet) 15)
...but is passes over her head and she ducks under the attack!

At the same time, Lia lashes out at the body of Franklee with a clawed hand (Lia can make an attack roll this round against Franklee’s corpse)

Gennadi is almost frozen by the sight of the creatures, fighting back bile and the urge to flee in terror. While he does not, he is affected badly by the sight of the creatures (Kongming is startled, -2 to all attacks, saves, and skill rolls; this lasts for a few rounds at least). He is able to get behind the table where Andy is hiding, but Undead have almost surrounded them and within seconds will be upon them…

Christopher fights down the urge to scream like a child, but his training is just barely enough for him to stand and fight, and draws his pistol with shaking hands (Christopher is startled, -2 to all attacks, saves, and skill rolls; this will last for at least a few rounds). Next round he can fire…

Paul calls upon the Greek God and for a moment glows and then disappears! The creature coming up to him seems to be confused for a second…

At the same second, Xavier calls upon the holy power of his staff and blasts one of the undead getting up from the table in front of him, striking it square in the chest…
Damage save for monster is a 5 total! Missing by 15, as it is a construct (for all general purposes) it fails by 15, and is destroyed
…and it screams and is blown into ash before everyone’s eyes! (Xavier notes that these things are probably “unholy” and ‘vulnerable’ to holy like stuff ;))
Spoiler for Xavier only please
Xavier quickly releases that when the corpse of Franklee yelled, he hear it in English but is also sort of sounded Latin and maybe a few other tongues as well

OK many of you can make attack rolls this round if you did not already. You can spend Hero Points if you want, but before I tell you the results.

For Round 1 (next round), please post your actions AND if you are attacking etc. please post the result of your attack and your relative damage that you do, etc.

Last edited:

Andy, HPs: 3

Andy fires his pistol at the zombie infront of him with uncanny ease. Things are moving very quickly here. What the heck was that sound, anyways? Oh...and...

"Will some one do something about the freakin' fire?!" Andy yells.

(OOC-Using multifire, first roll is 12+8-4=16, second roll is 13+8-4=17, +4L damage modifier, 1 armor penetration. Damage save is +7 w/ evasion, with 6 points of Protection. I'll use focused Dodge on the zombie in front of me to bring my AC up to 20 as well. With my remaining action, I'll use whatever check necessary to try to determine what it was that I heard, roll of 4...)

Last edited:

Acid_crash

First Post
Prophet HP: 3

Xavier will head towards the main entrance to the room and away from the fire for his move action. Once there he will blast another zombie with his holy energy.

Holy Energy strike = 3 (roll) + 2 (range) = 5 total

(OOC: or he will not blast another zombie with his holy energy) :)

Damage Save: +9
Hero Points: 3
Defense: 15

will not spend a hero point this round.

Karl Green

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
Karl: Does Kongming get an attack this round, or is he too scared?

[occ- not so much scared as you only get a partical action in the surprise round so you pull your pistol and run behind cover... Round 1 you can act normal but all attack, saves, and skill rolls are at -2]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Kongming, 3 H.P.

"Back, strigoi!," Gennadi exclaims. He grits his teeth and squints his eyes against the sight of the animated corpses, and fires a round towards them.

13 +4 (modifier) -2 (fear) = 15 to hit, +3L damage mod, +2 damage save (Evasion on). Putting up Dodge against the zombie closest to me, so AC 19 vs. him and 17 vs. everyone else.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" HP's 3

‘Another day with the B.R.P.D.,’ Michael thought. He leveled his gun and fired, first at any undead that were getting close to him, then at those surrounding Andy. He avoided the area where Paul disappeared, not wanting to shoot him accidentally.

OOC: 5 Attacks [Auto-fire, Rapid Shot], Attack base of (+7 = +6 base +5 dex, +1 Point Blank, +1 Attack Focus - 6), Rolls of 18,13,16,12, 7 for Totals of 25, 20, 23, 19, 14. Weapon is +6L. Dodge is 26.

Drakknyte32

First Post
The Red Knight ignores the fire it started as it happily dukes it out with some poor zombie.

Christopher moves to get better cover and away from the fire before taking a shot at one of the zombies.

OOC:
Last round RK's attack roll was 14+12=26
11L Strike damage plus 6L fire damage

This round RK charges towards a group of zombies and attempts to slam a gauntlet into one's face. Attack Roll 10+12+2(Charging)=24
11L Strike damage plus 6L fire damage

Christopher moves to get as much cover as he can and then attacks a zombie. Attack Roll, Luck to attack, 20+3-2=21 Critical hit
4L damage +1 armor penetration

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]Hmm ok for this round I will roll for Lia/Radiant ;) hope you don't mind. Also updating the Red Knight's attack[/occ]

Surprise Round Update, Lia Initiative 12 +4 =16...
Michael - 23
the Red Knight – 17
Lia - 16
Andy - 15
Undead – 14
Kongming – 12
Christopher - 7
Paul – 4
Xavier – 4

Lia slashes out with her claws...
Attack roll 7 +8 =15, a hit. The Undead's damage save is 17 vs. DC 21 (they have 2 points of Protection), taking a hit
...slashing Franklee’s corpse across it arm.

the Red Knights fist slams into the closes corpse...
Damage save for Undead is 19 vs. a DC 25 (remember their protection), missing it by 7. Constructs can't be stunned but the creature takes a hit. Verses the flame damage, damage save is 21 vs. DC 21 (no protection vs. fire, but still made the damage save right now). I assume that this round the Red Knight continues pounding this undead

---

Battle in Timbuktu Round 1 [everyone has a full round action this round]...
Michael - 23
the Red Knight – 17
Lia - 16
Andy - 15
Undead – 14
Kongming – 12
Christopher – 7
Dr. Clay – 6
Paul – 4
Xavier – 4
Dr. Husseini

Unleashing a barrage of lead, Michael fires into the creature advancing on him (a naked old man in life)…
Damage save for Undead from the first shot 22 vs. 19 (2pts Protection), saves; 2nd shot Damage save is 8 vs. 19, missing it by 11
…and while the first shot seems to past through the creature without an affect the second blows the creatures head off. Shifting aim quickly he fires at the corpse of a young woman that is advancing on Andy…
it is not quit into melee combat yet so no minuses to hit, Damage save from the first attack on it is a 20 vs. 19, ignoring the damage, 2nd attack 7 (D’OH) vs. 19 missing by 12…
…and again placing two shots into it the creature collapses on the ground at his feet. With his remaining shot he sifts to the one almost on Christopher (as he and Andy are trying to hide behind the same table), striking it once in the side…
Damage save for this Undead 16 vs. 19, it takes a hit
…that blows a chunk off the adult male corpse that once housed a human soul, staggering it a bit but not dropping it.

The Red Knight continues to assault the creature in front of it, delivering another fiery blow…
Damage save 8 vs. 25, no way
…the knocks the head off of the old woman looking corpse. He then starts moving to the large collect of moving corpses coming out of the side door (most look to be old men or boys)…and spreading the fire along the ceiling, smoke is quickly collecting up there and will soon spill out to fill the room.

Lia (please post the results of your attack this round with damage DC etc. or if you would prefer I will roll for you again ;))

Andy shifts his attack to a walking corpse coming out of the back door that is moving toward him and Christopher…
Damage save from the first shot 16 vs. 19, missing by 3, takes a hit; 2nd round which also hits, damage save 7??? vs. 19 which fails by 12…
…striking it twice, once in the chest that leaves a big hole there and one in the head that causes the corpse to collapse on the ground.

Undaunted by any loses they may have suffered the corpses fly at their victims with reckless abandonment…
One corpse that came off one of tables, looks like it was a young woman who had been strangled and had her neck broken, springs at Ace with her claws slashing; Attack roll 15 +2 charging, missing him clearly.
One of the corpses coming out of the back room leaps at the Red Knight, caring not about the flames, Damage save for the corpse 13 vs. 21, takes a hit and Attacks the Red Knight, Attack roll 12 +2 charging =14, a hit.
[occ]the Red Knight, please make a damage save and let me know what your result is[/occ]
The corpse of Franklee slashes at Lia, attack roll 13, a miss!
The corpse of a old man coming from one of the slab-storage lockers throws itself at Gennadi, attack roll 19 +2 charging a hit!
[occ] Kongming/Gennadi needs to make a damage save (can use Evasion) and let me know what your result is[/occ]
The wounded corpse advancing on Christopher slashes at him with a clawed hand, Attack roll 1, auto miss!
Another corpse leaps at the back of Dr. Clay, Attack roll 12 +2 =14, a hit; Damage save for Dr. Clay is 19! He is able to take the hit on his shoulder and rolls somewhat out of the way, but pure luck!
The last of the corpses from the storage lockers claws at Dr. Husseini, Attack roll 6 +2 charging =8, still a miss.
A corpse moves around the Red Knight, seems to look around but then jumps at Xavier, attack roll 22, a hit
[occ]Xavier please make a Damage save and record the results for me[/occ]
Another two corpses move around the Red Knight, trying to get at his back to pull him down, but they can't get that far and attack this round...next round

Gennadi (assuming he makes his Damage save ;)) staggers back out of the corpse’s reach and puts a round into its chest…
Damage save roll 15 vs. a 16, causing a hit
…blowing a chuck out of it, but not stopping the thing!

Christopher takes a nervous step back and fires a round straight into the corpse’s head (the one wounded by Michael already)…
Damage save roll 18 vs. 23, it only takes a hit!
…and while he removes most of the left side of it, the creature is only staggered a bit and reaches again for him with blackened claw like hands…

Dr. Clay runs from the creature attack him and tries to help Dr. Husseini also shouting “Come on man, we have got to get out of here!”

Paul (who is invisible…) action? None of the corpses seem to see him… yet

Dr. Husseini allows Dr. Clay to half-drag him toward the exit… but they are being pursued by two of the walking dead!

OK some damage saves required and Actions, rolls, results, etc. for Round 2?!?!?

Remove ads