• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

B.P.R.D. Issue #1 "City of Night"

Karl Green

First Post
Paul looks at the golden doors, and while he can’t make out most of it, some of it looks like ancient Greek. What little he can make out says something about ‘She who will rule the heavens above and the darkness below… she who is terrible and beautiful and all things to all people… the keeper of all knowledge… the light and the darkness for all time…’ etc. There does not appear to be anything that resembles the Seal of Solomon… but the door radiates magic, but there is even a more powerful source of magic beyond them, though the doors…

Michael finds no weapons in the back of the jeep (although their might be a flare gun in on of the emergency packs)

There is a trembling, like a mild earthquake, that shakes the ground for a moment, and then Lia starts hearing the strange noise, like radio transmissions, buzzing in and around the area. Some of the skeletons of the cities residence, near the palace start twitching and shaking on the ground where they fell. The black tornado about the palace seems to grow a bit in intensity, kicking up sand and dust in the area…

Velmont

First Post
"She who will rule the heavens above and the darkness below… she who is terrible and beautiful and all things to all people… the keeper of all knowledge… the light and the darkness for all time... No Solomon seal, it must be inside. Hurry up!"

He looks behind him, where Lia is staring.

"Damn, not now!"

Go and fight!

Not the time, we need to recreate the seal.

"Ok, we go inside. If those things follow us, someone will get them in line. It will be easier in a corridor where they must wait in line. Come on!"

Paul advance and try to open the doors.

Karl Green

First Post
Paul easily pushes one of the huge doors open, it is balance perfectly somehow even though it looks like it might weigh several tons. Inside is a huge doomed single room, it must be 300 yards across. The floor is set down about 15 feet below where he is standing, with a huge marble stairwell leading down to the main chamber floor. The roof is open in the middle to allow sunlight to shin down onto a large raised pedestal in the central of the room… on which is set a huge gold chair or thorn. A woman, both terrible and beautiful at the same time, is sitting upon it. It appears that she might be asleep AND encased in a block of clear crystal! Cracks seem to be forming in the crystal block…

Paul scans around and can see that what looks to be a Seal of Solomon patter set into the floor around the pedestal.

Everyone going inside, please make a Spot AND a Listen roll and let me know the results… Anyone staying out side, please make a Spot roll

Velmont

First Post
Paul point the seal. "Here it is!" He starts to move toward the seals, but turn his head to looks at his companions "I need 10 minutes without being disturb. Can you give me that?"

OOC:
Spot roll: 1 + 3 = 4 (he is definitily look behind him and doesn't even looks where he walks)
Listen: 10 + 3 = 13

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Velmont said:
Paul point the seal. "Here it is!" He starts to move toward the seals, but turn his head to looks at his companions "I need 10 minutes without being disturb. Can you give me that?"

Hurrying after Paul Lia waits at the the door, watching the street and the twitching skeletons.

"Ten minutes? That might get interesting. Just make that thing, you'll get your time."

She goes to the side, leaving place for anyone else who might want to guard the door while her fangs and claws grow out again.
I might have gotten older but I can still hold of a few walking corpses if that is all they have to throw at us. And if not no one will be able to complain anyway. The end of the world has its birght sides too.
Her face looks clam but her twitching fingers betray that she's more than a bit excited and affraind. Still her eyes seem to glow on their own as she savours feeling so much alive again.

ooc: Spot roll 10+5=15
Listen roll 17+5=22

I'm not about to die due to some amateur's folly

"Ten minutes? I'm sure you can do it in five. I'll help." Andy says, some urgency playing on his voice. He drops his staff, letting it's darkness dissipate into the air while simultaneously pulling out an amulet from his pocket. The amulet itself is pretty plain, consisting of a silver chain firmly attached to a bloodstone sphere.

Placing the necklace over his head, Andy lets the trinket settle down so that the gem falls just over his chest. The red veins of the bloodstone begin to pulse with a disconcerting light as he puts it on, only making the teen smile in response. He then proceeds to follow the sorcerer to the circle to assist in casting the spell.

(OOC to halve the casting time of a spell, the DC of the ritual check is increased by 5. Andy will use a hero point-now 1 remaining-to transform his Gadget so it now gives +6 to all Knowledge (Ritual) checks within a 30' radius, as per Super Skill with the Area extra. Andy will then further assist Paul by using Aiding Another on the check, giving him another +2. Spot check is 7+0=7 and Listen check is 19+0=19)

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" HP's 2, [1 lethal hit]

"Ten minutes, five minutes, whatever, we'll do the best we can - just get started already," Michael said as he grabbed the flare gun from the back of the jeep and shoved it into his belt. He pulled his gun and walked through the doors, weapon out in front with two handed control.

OOC: Spot 21 (Roll of 14 + 7 base), Listen 22 (roll of 16 + 6 base)

Velmont

First Post
Andy said:
"Ten minutes? I'm sure you can do it in five. I'll help."

"Yes, but prefer to ask for more, just in case. And with your help, I may even make it three, but with that place of pure magic, it may be bad for channelling. Five is reasonnable."

OOC: Is there a way to know what are the condition the environment give to the Ritual, in other word, the DC modifier. Would Detect Magic help?

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]Sure if you use Detect Magic I might give you a good idea what the DC is going to be... also note that the Seal is on the floor and you both can see that it has been 'broken' it might not take as long as normal...I am going to wait just a second to try and hear from everyone but I will post what some of you hear and see in a bit[/occ]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads