B.P.R.D. Issue #1 "City of Night"

Radiant

First Post
Lia

During the flight:
Doing her best to hide behind her sunglasses Lia follows to the next plain. Of course she wishes she would just have closed her eyes then she sees the man lighting his cigarete during refuiling. It is over before she had time to react.
Oh my, in the good old day I would have allready leaped as far away as possible. Well at least I'm not lying in the dirt for nothing now.
Despite every intention of not pissing of the B.R.P.D more than necesary she continues to toy with the thought of just eating the anoying and never silent little man.

She tried to read the correspondence during the flight but lost patience after a few pages. Looking around who read it too she decides that Andy might be the best to ask, after seeing the pilot he suddenly appears a lot less anoying. She doesn't bother with small talk so her question is about the thrid sentence she spoke at all since they all met.
"Did you find something usefull in the material?"

Back on the ground:
Lia doesn't take the Professor's offered hand but stay far enough away from him to make it look more like she didn't notice than an insult. Again she doesn't speak with anyone but she does return the look of the police officer. She smiles at him under her shades and her fangs extend just enough to make her teeth appear a little too sharp.
Especially after someone mentions food...

Michael said:
"That would be up to the others as to the destination. I will drive one of the vehicles though and I would be pleased if you were to ride along,"

During the ride she leans back, tries to find place to stretch her legs and occasionaly takes of her shades as she tries to get used to so much light again. In the end she gives it up deciding that this is not the perfect place for that.

Xavier said:
Xavier takes a seat in the back of one of the vehicles when everyone has decided on going, resting the staff against his side. He intends to sit in the same vehicle as Dr. Clay, and when en route to the hotel and cafe, he asks Dr. Clay, "Have you ever done research, or heard about, a group of people called the Aryan's?"

Lia laughs out at the question and leans forward.
"What, so much hate for the Nazi's and then you don't know who they even are? You've got an Aryan right here."

Acid_crash

First Post
Radiant said:
Lia laughs out at the question and leans forward.
"What, so much hate for the Nazi's and then you don't know who they even are? You've got an Aryan right here."

Xavier looks at her and smiles at her, chuckling a bit.

"For what the Nazi's did to the Jews and for their experiments they performed I do indeed hate the results of what happened and the evil that corrupted them. I also feel a deep sadness for them and the atrocities they performed, which then brings me to you.

"Who and what are the Aryan? Some kind of experiment the Nazi's performed, or the Ragna Rok? I don't want any trouble, I just want to understand. If you are willing to talk then I'm willing to understand who you are."

OOC - Xavier is really trying to use all his Charisma and Super Charisma right now to show that he means no harm to her as he talks to her.

Radiant

First Post
Acid_crash said:
Xavier looks at her and smiles at her, chuckling a bit.

"For what the Nazi's did to the Jews and for their experiments they performed I do indeed hate the results of what happened and the evil that corrupted them. I also feel a deep sadness for them and the atrocities they performed, which then brings me to you.

"Who and what are the Aryan? Some kind of experiment the Nazi's performed, or the Ragna Rok? I don't want any trouble, I just want to understand. If you are willing to talk then I'm willing to understand who you are."

She looks at him for a while, clearly not that interested in helping but in the end she gives another resigned shrug and grumbles an answer.

"The Aryans are the purest humans, tall blond, blue eyes, I'm sure you heard about them. Superior since their blood isn't tainted by the mongrel races."

Her eyes wander over the landscape as she sinks into some memories before she goes on.

" And Ragan Rok? Don't even ask about them. A bunch of fools that can't even control their own creations. It's a wonder that they existed for so long, I would have expected them to have died long ago from summoning major demons into their asses or something similarly stupid.
And if some of them still are alive they will soon regret it because I have a whole lot of things to thank them for."

Acid_crash

First Post
Radiant said:
She looks at him for a while, clearly not that interested in helping but in the end she gives another resigned shrug and grumbles an answer.

"The Aryans are the purest humans, tall blond, blue eyes, I'm sure you heard about them. Superior since their blood isn't tainted by the mongrel races."

Her eyes wander over the landscape as she sinks into some memories before she goes on.

" And Ragan Rok? Don't even ask about them. A bunch of fools that can't even control their own creations. It's a wonder that they existed for so long, I would have expected them to have died long ago from summoning major demons into their asses or something similarly stupid.
And if some of them still are alive they will soon regret it because I have a whole lot of things to thank them for."

"Ahh, I see. Your time for retribution will come. God is with us and with his guidance we will see that they receive the punishment for the atrocities they have committed. Thank you for your time Lia, it's been a priviledge talking to you."

Xavier turns away to look at the landscape as it zooms by.

Velmont

First Post
Radiant said:
"And if some of them still are alive they will soon regret it because I have a whole lot of things to thank them for."

Paul listen to Xavier and Lia. "Do you mean you have lived during the second WW? Well, you don't make your age. And what are those creation made by Ragna Roc?"

Originally posted by Lia:
She doesn't bother with small talk so her question is about the thrid sentence she spoke at all since they all met.
"Did you find something usefull in the material?"

Hrm.

Andy takes a moment to recline back in his chair before opening his mouth, "Well, I really didn't find any more information than what we went over in our briefing...my eyes would kind of wander off the page after the first five pages or so, y'know?"

"To be honest, I was hoping some one more intelligent than myself would read it and just give us all a summary afterwards-which is what I expect you were looking for when you asked me. Sorry I can't be more of a help in that regard."

Moderate fabrication, I suppose I could actually *try* next time. First, let's look if this girl sees through this initial facade. She seems to be warming up to me though, for whatever reason, and she could be useful in the near future...

"I wouldn't worry too much about it, really." Andy continues, "This mission is pretty straight-forward. We don't really have any boundries or perimeters, and our goal is open ended. However, I just hope the others can be as...efficient as you are." He says with a very serious tone in his voice.

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Acid_crash said:
"Ahh, I see. Your time for retribution will come. God is with us and with his guidance we will see that they receive the punishment for the atrocities they have committed. Thank you for your time Lia, it's been a priviledge talking to you."

Xavier turns away to look at the landscape as it zooms by.

"Fick dich ins Knie."
Lia turns away, lost in some memories. She has no interest at all to see just punishment for past crimes. Not for her at least. If god gets his pound of flesh from Ragna Rok after her she couldn't care less.
Besides I allready paid a high enough price for my part.

Andy said:
Andy takes a moment to recline back in his chair before opening his mouth, "Well, I really didn't find any more information than what we went over in our briefing...my eyes would kind of wander off the page after the first five pages or so, y'know?"

"To be honest, I was hoping some one more intelligent than myself would read it and just give us all a summary afterwards-which is what I expect you were looking for when you asked me. Sorry I can't be more of a help in that regard."

"I wouldn't worry too much about it, really." Andy continues, "This mission is pretty straight-forward. We don't really have any boundries or perimeters, and our goal is open ended. However, I just hope the others can be as...efficient as you are." He says with a very serious tone in his voice.

She bends towards him and breathes in deeply, a gesture that looks quite strange from a human.
Her answer is only a whisper to make sure the others don't here her.
"Since animals can't speak they mostly perceive others intentions and feelings from their smell. You smell awfully self-assured for the act you are trying to pull here.
She leans forward a little bit again and softly claps her hands in a slow and steady rythm.
"And your heartbeat is very controlled for someone as excited as you claim to be."

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Dr. Clay nods his head to Ace and says “Well then, let’s get going shall we? If everyone would pile into one of the cars here…” looking at the two officers standing around idly he says “I believe we have this covered gentlemen, your services as drivers are not needed right now. Convey our thanks to your commander if you would.” They both seem uninterested either way and head off to another waiting police car.

The vehicles provided are land rovers, 10 or 12 years old and can hold 6 or 7 people comfortably, maybe even 8 or 9 if you want to cram in (and someone does not mind riding in the cargo area). Dr. Clay says “It is just a short drive over to the Hotel, and the Café is right near by. Would anyone care to drive the second car or do you want to take just one vehicle?” He is standing next to the first one with Ace driving…

[Depending on whom you head over there]

Dr. Clay’s nods to the questions asked of him and says “Oh I am sure that I could go on all day about my work here, but that is not why you are here so I will try and refrain from that for now. Hmm I am not sure what I can tell you that I did not talk to the Embassy about, but I will try. Six days ago, some local Tuareg tribesmen rode into the marketplace on the camels, where I happened to be at the time; with that man I later found out was a Mr. Frankelle. They claimed to have found him in the desert to the north of town and I suspect they were hoping for a reward by bringing him to town. He was conscious at the time, but unfortunately he only spoke German, and no one around could communicate with him. I know French and Arabic and some of the local tribal tongues but that’s all I afraid. I did pick up a few words from him, mostly he was repeating something about a “Doctor” and a couple of phrases that I think were ‘zikenug is volstandie” and maybe start more zeslagen. The last thing he said before he passed away was a bit odd also… he was stopped and started staring into the sky and said sonne is gut twice rather slowly. Again not sure how much help that will be…”
Anyone speaking German (if they have not figured this out already) can make a INT check, let me know what you get

After a short drive you make the Café, and are directed to a place where you can clean up and then are seated at an open table near the front of the place. There are no real windows, in fact the front of the Café is open to the street. This part of town is rather beautiful, with old buildings, mosques, and public works everywhere. You can tell that it is an old city, and that the place has a long history. You can continue to ask Dr. Clay any other questions as the meal goes on, and when do he will ask “Well then where to now?”

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Velmont said:
Paul listen to Xavier and Lia. "Do you mean you have lived during the second WW? Well, you don't make your age. And what are those creation made by Ragna Roc?"

"Of course I don't. Humans are just so patheticly weak, if I would share their weaknesses I'd be long dead by now.
At the second question she abesently brushes over some of her ribs and winces, remembering the punch of a certain stone fist.
"Why don't you ask the B.R.P.D., it used to work for them."

She will leaps onto the gargo area there she can get the most place for herself.

Karl Green said:
I did pick up a few words from him, mostly he was repeating something about a “Doctor” and a couple of phrases that I think were ‘zikenug is volstandie” and maybe start more zeslagen. The last thing he said before he passed away was a bit odd also… he was stopped and started staring into the sky and said sonne is gut twice rather slowly. Again not sure how much help that will be…”

"Zikenug is complete, whatever it is. I have no idea about the second phrase are you sure you got it right?"
She takes of her shades and looks into the sun herself for second. Blinking from the bright light she translates the last part, starring into nothingness. If it wouldn't look so wrong on her one could just think she is feeling compassion.
" Die Sonne ist gut. The sun is good. Something you would say if you haven't seen it for years and finally got out under the open sky again. Maybe he's been underground for the whole time...
Her expression grows neutral again as she considers what it means.
"They have built some underground labratory, that's exactly what Ragna Rok would do. There are not a whole lot of other options to hide in a dessert.

-ooc: language roll of 16 if that helps. Couldn't decipher the meaning of the rest and I'm not even sure I got the first part right.

Last edited:

Drakknyte32

First Post
The Red Knight rides in one cargo areas of one of the cars, being a bit to large to properly sit on the seats. He doesn't like the bumpy ride but since it's not a plane he doesn't complain, for now.

During the trip Christopher starts to fill him in on what WW 2 and the Nazi's were. You miss a lot of stuff when you sleep for several hundred years.

Remove ads