B.P.R.D. Issue #1 "City of Night"

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Lia takes the next best positon to cover the place after Ace went in. She won't eat anything but drinks some water. She isn't as actively watching as he though, having grown a bit lax and trusting in her heightened senses to warn her of any danger.

Karl Green said:
Dr. Clay watches with some fascination, smiling a bit. He says to Ace "I...I never really believed in all this mystical...stuff... but wow... that... 'suit' is alive isn't it?"

"Better get used to it. If I think about it the phrases you remember only make sense in one way.
The picture is complete, the wall/barrier has been or will be destroyed.
Now if we are talking about Ragna Rok that could be anything, from a portal to hell, limbo, disneyland or some other unpleasant place to some major mystic realm that allows to travel through time, gives you immortality, etc..
It's all a waste of time and even if it is possible then no one can control it but Ragna Rok is obseesesd with such stuff."

She drinks the last of her water and stands up after that, deciding that she talked enough for a weak, and leaves the place to take a shot walk.
Just moving around freely severly brightens her mood.

While the Red Knight is recounting his tale, Andy goes around the town to find out all the information he can about strange events occurring recently (and/or as to who might have more knowledge about it besides the professor) as well as anything else that might be useful to the group's mission. He attempts not to draw direct attention to himself but rather, more subtly lead conversations towards that direction.

That Lia is pretty impressive, it seems I've underestimated her skills of perception-I must be more convincing next time. He thinks as he crosses the street and enters another building. "Excuse me, sir..." He begins as he questions another person.

(OOC - Gather Information check, roll of 11 + 15 = 26)

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
[NOTE that it is still pretty early... your plane arrived at 6:00am local time, it is around 7am right now, so you are just finishing breakfast]

Xavier gets no feelings, for good or ill, just looking around. The city is old, he can feel that... and there some basic mystical lines and fields deep down in the city. Nothing odd, just something one would expect from such an old place where scholars, etc have been for so many years.

Lia wanders around a bit, getting a few strange stares from some of the locals. She notes that most women are wearing a lot of clothing, including headscarves, etc. The city is pretty dusty, and the people fairly poor, but they don't seem to really realize it.

Andy starts talking with some street vendors and people at the various markets, a few of whom speak English (most speak French or Arabic or a local dialects) and he does hear the talk is a bit about the strange man who came in from the desert and that it might be some kind of sign... of something good or bad they are not sure. He also learns that the Tuareg tribesmen who found that man are still camped just outside of town and that most people are avoiding them...just in case.

Back at the table, Dr. Clay says to Ace "Well now, I have seen some strange stuff here and there, but… well I always thought that there had to be some other explanation… now I am not so sure…" Dr. Clay also just makes some small talk about his work, how he got interested in restoration and history.

[OK so just wondering where does the party wish to go next? Just want to move things along :)]

Last edited:

Drakknyte32

First Post
OOC:
Well the Red Knight thinks we should pack up and go home. Leave all this running around business to people who enjoy it.

Christopher thinks we should hire someone who speaks english and the local dialects and then head out to meet with these Tuareg tribesmen. At least he will when Andy gets back and relays that piece of information to us (hint hint :) )

Acid_crash

First Post
Prophet

OOC: Xavier wants to eventually talk to the scholars about the ruins to the north, he feels that the ruins are a key to this mystery. Once he hears of the tribesmen still around, he'll also want to talk to them. One thing he wants to do is check out the ruins and find out as much information about them as possible.

OOC-After finding out that the others don't have much information themselves, Andy will relate to them the information he found out about the Tuareg tribesman, and leave it to them to decide where to go next.

Karl Green

First Post
Listening to the group, Dr. Clay says, "Well I could take you to meet the tribesmen but we had best take a translator. I can make out some of their dialect, not all of it. As for any ruins to the north, well I have never heard or seen any. There is only desert to the north, at least until the Mediterranean. I think there are tales and stories of something up there but I have never seen any. I suppose the Tuareg. Anything else you want to see? If you wanted to see Mr. Frankelle's body or his personal affects they are at the morgue. Not much there, it is under the city hospital, but the locals thought it best to keep it here until you arrived."

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dr. Clay said:
Back at the table, Dr. Clay says to Ace "Well now, I have seen some strange stuff here and there, but… well I always thought that there had to be some other explanation… now I am not so sure…" Dr. Clay also just makes some small talk about his work, how he got interested in restoration and history.

Michael nodded in understanding, frankly uncomfortable to be speaking with the doctor so long – but he understood that it was occasionally necessary. He listened attentively, nodded and speaking encouragement at the appropriate times (or so he thought) (Diplomacy roll 13 +0).

When word that the tribesman who found him were still nearby, Michael roused himself from his Clay-induced semi-coma and looked to the others.

“Translator to talk with the tribesman, then to the morgue to view the body. Sounds like a plan – let’s move out. If everyone is ready, that is,” Michael said in a quiet tone, adding the last as a question/request.

Radiant

First Post
Lia

After a short stroll through the town Lia returns to the others. She follows Michael then he gets up, talking to the tribesmen and taking a look at the corpse both seem like a good plan to her.

Karl Green

First Post
As the meal is finished, the group head back to the vehicle. Dr. Clay directs the group towards the edge of town where you stop at once looks to have been a library, explaining this is one of the buildings he is working on restoring and that one of his workers here lived with the Tuareges for a time and should be able to help. There are about 20 workers up in scaffolding doing exterior repairs, while others are caring for the inside. Dr. Clay yells out to one in particular in Arabic and a younger African man comes over and quickly agrees to come along. Dr. Clay says as you get back into the vehicle "There are 10 or 11 tribes of Tuareges here in Timbuktu right now, and the ones that found Mr. Frankelle should still be around. It should not take to long to find them…"

A short ride outside of town and the group comes to a large tent city. Dr. Clay and the young worker (one Mohammad Rasim ibn Fallyd) start talking to some of the tribesmen in a mixture of French, Arabic and some other local tongues that the characters don't understand. As the party walks through the different camps they see men sitting under tarps, drinking tea and eating figs. Women are doing different chores, fetching water, preparing meals, etc. Camels are everywhere, and dogs bark as you pass. Some children can be seen, watching you as you pass but then to go back to playing.

After 15 or 20 minutes, Dr. Clay and Mohammad direct you to a tent where everyone is asked to sit. Women in full hijab (full body covering robes; only their eyes and hands can be seen) offer each of the party tea and figs. Dr. Clay and Mohammad are both taking to one of the men seating here, speaking a mixture of languages. At first there seems to be some confusion, but after 15 or 20 minutes the tribesmen start nodding often and point to the north. Dr. Clay finally smiles and says "Well it would seem that they found Mr. Frankelle to the north of here about half a day ride by camel. No one could speak with him and so that brought him here. They insist that they found the poor man there and did not take anything from him… you see, they seem to be very concerned that we might believe them to be bandits. They found him somewhat to the west of the 'Route 12'. That is a poorly maintained road that runs between Timbuktu and Taoudenni. The desert covers for most of the route, but it is fairly easy to follow for a day or two at least. Did you have any other questions that you might want to ask them?"

[OCC - it is around 9:30am in the morning right now…]

Remove ads