B.P.R.D. Issue #1 "City of Night"

Acid_crash

First Post
Prophet HP: 3

Xavier follows the group to the Tuareg encampment, looking at all the locals and mentally blessing them to have a good life.

In the tent:
Xavier stands while the tribesman speaks and after Dr. Clay translates it, "Tell him doctor that we don't not think they are bandits and we do appreciate everything they have done to help with the body. Do ask them if you could, if they know of any ruins to the north, or if they have any idea where the body could have come from?"

Karl Green

First Post
Dr. Clay turns back and with Mohammad's help, relay Xavier's message and question to the tribesmen. There seems to be a bit of excited talk among them for a moment or two, then some arguing between a few of the men and one particularly large tribesman. After another minute or two, Dr. Clay comes back and says "I'm not 100% sure but they say there is nothing but sand in the desert."

[Anyone who wishes to can make a Sense Motive roll (give me the roll plus skill =result if you can)]

Radiant

First Post
Lia

What is worse?
These people?
Their tamed dogs?
Or their tamed women?

She waits till the others are finished with their questions and then talks to Clay.
"I want to see there they found him. He can not have walked far maybe there is something to find. Can they bring me there?"

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Sorry, I was out for the week-end...

Dr. Clay said:
"I...I never really believed in all this mystical...stuff... but wow... that... 'suit' is alive isn't it?"

"Well, you'll need to get use to it. I've mastered myself an ancient art of magic from an old Greek book, about the mastery over the four elements of Platon. And I am not talking about the four ancient Greek spirit that live inside me... a side effect of a ritual that was abruptly interrupt in the middle. A bad thing to do."

Later...

While they are on there way to meet the tribesman, Paul is thinking.

Scorpio, we will meet sopme tribesman. We have no way to understand them except one guy. Why don't you use your own power to make it a bit easier to understand them... I know you can understand every language. Woke up.

You want scorpio out but never me to be out. You're a sucker.

Please, shut up Leo. You may be usefull in combat, but we never had to fight in 5 years. It's not my fault.

Anyway, you method are not very legal.

Please, Libra, don't start. No point on that, we need scorpio now, we may need any of you later. Each your time. Scorpio, wake up!

Later...

OOC: Sense Motive roll: 3 + 3 = 6

Karl Green

First Post
Radiant said:
"I want to see there they found him. He can not have walked far maybe there is something to find. Can they bring me there?"

Dr. Clay talks to one tribesman (an older small man, who speaks a bit of French) and then looks back you Lia "Their leader here says that they could take you there if you wished. It is about a half a day north of here by camel. But they are wondering...well they are afriad that you might not fair well in the desert. They say that the sun is very harsh out there... and that you are not wearing the proper cloths"

[Lia gets the felling maybe that Dr. Clay is not making an 100% translation]

[Paul is enjoying the spice tea and figs ;)]

Drakknyte32

First Post
"Bah, I have no fear of the sun. Its heat is nothing compared to the fires of Avalon that fuel me. I will go out into the desert and find where this man came from."

"I thought you didn't want to go on this searching mission?

"Well I don't really have a choice now do I? At least in the desert I'll be able to stretch my joints a little and possibly have some fun. It'll be just like in the Crusades. I remember the time during them when I..."

"King Arthur didn't participate in any crusades."

"He didn't? I mean, of course he didn't. He sent me to participate in the Crusades in his place."

"I don't think King Arthur was even alive during the Crusades."

"Well, uh, you see... I participated in memory of him. Anyway we should get going. This secret base thing your looking for isn't going to wait for us forever."

"It's unlikely it's going to just get up and leave."

"Stop contradicting me! Lets just go."

"Hold on for a little bit. I want to check out that corpse first and the others might have something they want to do."

Red Knight doesn't bother to make any sense motive checks but Christopher, who is listening to the other conversations with more attention than the one he is having with the Red Knight, does.

*Christopher makes a sense motive check, Luck to roll. 13+4=17*

Karl Green

First Post
Drakknyte32 said:
*Christopher makes a sense motive check, Luck to roll. 13+4=17*

[OCC - Christopher gets the idea that the large Tuareges has something more to say, but he is young and the others are 'over-ruling' him. He has not talked or smiled sense the exchange and is just drinking his tea and looking at the floor a lot]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" HP's 4

Michael followed the conversations, but didn't contribute - preferring to listen as the others spoke. He kept his eyes alert for anything unusual, but wasn't much for reading people.

OOC: Spot check (Roll 17 + 7 = 24), Unskilled sense motive (Roll 14 + 0 = 14)

Karl Green

First Post
Keia said:
Michael followed the conversations, but didn't contribute - preferring to listen as the others spoke. He kept his eyes alert for anything unusual, but wasn't much for reading people.

OOC: Spot check (Roll 17 + 7 = 24), Unskilled sense motive (Roll 14 + 0 = 14)

Michael notices that most of the tribesmen are only carrying knives, he does not see any other weapons; at least not in the tent.

He also gets the feeling that the large tribesman wants to say something more but will not for some reason. The people here seem friendly but they could be hiding something...

Andy sighs, This is getting us no where, fast. He goes outside of the tent while fingering something in his pocket. Pulling out a tiny, pear-shaped rod made of some milky-white colored substance, he grins, remembering how many jams this item had gotten him out of. He inserts it into his ear, where it rests comfortably before he returns back to the tent.

"Sorry, missed that last bit of conversation-I think, er, wait a second." Andy pauses to wave his hand, speaking the equivilant of 'Hi' to the tribesman in their own native language, before continuing in english, "Correction, I can translate and talk to them for you guys. Anything you want me to relay before I begin negotiations?"

(OOC-Andy uses his Gadget ability to gain Comprehension, spending a Hero Point to avoid fatigue. Comprehension roll for the tribesman language is 13 + 6 for a total of 19. After he receives the questions from his companions, he'll begin negotiations with the intent of getting the maximum amount of cooperation out of the tribesman as possible-posing as a shaman, noble, or agent of some divine figure as necessary/appropriate, after which he'd play translator. Diplomacy check roll of 18 + 17 skill bonus for a total of 35...)

Last edited:

Remove ads