D&D 5E B1: In Search of the Unknown (IC)

Wolf118

Explorer
Thedren eases into the trees, his coloration and clothing blending naturally into foliage. His bo staff is held at ready, as he awaits the results of Nemaer's investigations.

Hide check (Mask of the Wild, Stealth @ 1d20+3) - [roll0]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ragnar Rockheart

"Beware," Ragnar warns Nemaer as the human approaches the cave. "This is not a natural cave, but man-made. Might be intelligent foes inside."

The huge dwarf holds his maul in both hands, eager and ready to rush to the scout's aid if such is necessary.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"let me see if I can draw out whatever may be in the cave. Don't touch the chest, it's an illusion" . He'll then follow Thedren's lead, and moves closer to the trees to hide.

OOC: Loran will cast minor illusion and make a treasure chest appear right at the entrance of the cave
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Those with darkvision can see that the cave entrance's faux-natural appearance gives way to worked stone about 10' in. A straight 10' wide hallway extends about 60' and ends in a wooden door.

Those without darkvision will need a light source.

There appear to be no guards or other inhabitants around the entrance. Loran's illusion does not attract any attention.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Norbrit approaches the wizard and stands uncomfortably close to him as the group watches the illusionary treasure chest.

"Welp, that worked!" He bellows when nothing happens, and gives Loran a hard slap on the back. "My turn now!"

Norbrit hefts his axe over his shoulder and walks straight into the cave towards the door. "There's a door here!" He yells back to the group. "I suppose you'll be wantin' to ponder it a bit afore we try the lock?"

Skarsgard

Explorer
Herger smiles and shakes his head. Using the grace of the Healing Light he causes a soft glow to start coming from his holy symbol.

"Light guide me," he murmers and moves up to cover the noisy Norbrit.

[sblock=ooc] casts light cantrip on holy symbol [/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ragnar Rockheart

"Not one for stealth, myself, either," Ragnar agrees with Norbrit as he walks after his fellow dwarf. "Let's try the lock, and if doesn't open, I've got my own key," the battlerager says with a grin, indicating his immense maul.

Not waiting for anyone, Ragnar attempts to open the door the normal way.

Remove ads