• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Babies and Wet-Nurses: A Conversation

Xath

Moder-gator
(At some point when we all have free time)

Xath sits down at the table with the Circle. "So we've all agreed to Archonus' plan that the child shall travel with us. And we all agree that if that is to happen, the child will need a wet-nurse. So what we need to find is someone of similar term to Jaine who is able in combat. While we have many pregnant women in this fledgeling kingdom, the list of those who we can trust to be true and stalwart in battle is few. Obviously Jaine cannot nurse her own child, as she cannot travel with us. Even if the child were to remain in Hyrwl, a queen is no nursemaid. So we needs find someone who is suitable. Jansten has told me that there is a woman of term who is battle capable amongst his rebellion. I believe her name is Dara Goldenblade. The Goldenblade house is as old and trusted as Arendorr. I think so far she is our best bet. Thoughts?"

Archon

First Post
Archon's eye's widen at the suggestion of Dara as a Nursemaid. Without rising from his chair, he replies not really looking at anybody.
"No. I will not have her serve as a nursemaid to my child. There must be another."

I know very little of this Goldenblade woman. More importantly, she has a child of her own to worry about. I think it would be unwise to ask Lady Goldenblade to bring her child into our party of adventurers and place her in harms way.

Xath

Moder-gator
Xath turns to Justice. "We may have no choice. We need someone who can hold her own if the situation requires. That may not give us many choices. I still think we should consult Lady Goldenblade, if she is amenable."

Archonus! How do you have such information! Dara - by all appearaces is a loyal servant to Jansten's rebellion. Not of the Bluestar. She serves our cause.

(OOC - this convo is happening in the past, right?)

Xath

Moder-gator
OOC- I think so.

IC- Jansten vouches for her. She was being mind controled by the Bluestar, but has found refuge and healing with the rebellion. I see no reason not to trust her, at least no more or less than any member of the kingdom.

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
OOC- I think so.

IC- Jansten vouches for her. She was being mind controled by the Bluestar, but has found refuge and healing with the rebellion. I see no reason not to trust her, at least no more or less than any member of the kingdom.
Jansten hasn't PERSONALLY vouched for her...but I don't think it has come up, either.

She's, by all appearances, a loyal member of the rebellion.

Xath

Moder-gator
The_Universe said:
Jansten hasn't PERSONALLY vouched for her...but I don't think it has come up, either.

She's, by all appearances, a loyal member of the rebellion.

OOC- I remember Greg saying something about her being brainwashed. But that they healed and were rehabbing her. Am I alone in this?

Remove ads