Baby Pictures of the Elder Gods

Jezrael

First Post
Over the past three years, since I first began the "Motherhood" module, I have:

had my body metamorphosed into a shape distorted almost beyond recognition,
had my inner workings dominated by another living entity,
endured months and months of vertigo, nausea, and surreal dreams,
felt another living thing squirm within my being,
simultaneously understood being the center of the universe and utterly irrelevant,
been covered in nearly every bodily fluid imaginable,
fed another creature with my bodily fluids,
endured insatiable thirsts,
survived unimaginable hungers,
gone for nearly 14 months without a two hour block of continous sleep,
been charmed and drugged into adoring and worshipping the source of all my torments,
stared mindlessly into the gaze of my captor for hours at a time,
and sung nonsensical songs and read books without logic or syntax, over and over in endless repetitions,

But, I have also learned to:
hear the inaudible,
see that which is out of line of sight,
predict possible immediate futures,
parse incoherent babbling and pidgin speeches
argue inscrutable and whimsical logics,
lift up the fallen,
dispel fear,
comfort the grieving,
deceive,
misdirect,
coerce,
experience euphoric love,
resist tyranny,
and hold back chaos.

I have been in a state of sustained paranoid hypervigilance for approximately 30 months.

And, as with most things that make you wiser and more powerful, the accompanying inevitable SAN loss seems almost an irrelevance. This is, after all, how we mortals cope with the unimaginable horrors and delights of our existence.

That is one of the coolest yet most disturbing things I have ever read in my life.

madriel

First Post
Between the fantastic pics and the behind-the-scenes reminiscing, this is my favourite thread.

Your stuff would make great t-shirts and of course the Very Hungry Monster storybook is just too cool.

Kudos, Sialia.

Sialia

First Post
See, this sort of flattery makes it all worthwhile for me. Thenk yew.

Not only do I get to grandstand at length, not only are you an irrationally kind audience, but nobody's had me hauled away yet!

(Although my husband has made threatening grabs for the telephone from time to time. Especially when I told him what was coming up next.)

Sadly, the drawing of the Byakhee in pasties jumping out of a cake has been deemed as unpublishable as the one of Great Cthulhu's garters, so I think I'm going to wrap up the wedding theme here, and get on with working on the next, next thing. Which you will love, I promise, at least as long as none of you go in to have your san losses repaired while I'm away.

It may be a few days before my next post--I'll be travelling for a week or so and may not get to scan and upload till I get back.

I leave you with one last true story to ponder: Bandeeto and I once went touring in New England and stopped off to see the House of the Seven Gables (Hawthorne, anyone?).

Now, usually, it's an old house full of period costumed guides (what period, I can't recall exactly--Hawthornish, I suppose) and tourists can go in and see it. But, sadly, the day we were there, the whole thing had been rented out for a shmancy wedding, and we could only walk illicitly around the grounds trying to figure out what the heck a gable was, and what difference did it make that there were seven of them.

Anyway, the power went out for no apparent reason. (This is a true story, remember?) OK, so, here's the horror part: imagine you have spent a small fortune renting out a truly spectacular spread for your shmancy wedding, and the caterer comes up and tells you he can't cook anything, because there's no power, and the band comes up and says they can't play anything because the amps and mics are all dead without power, and evening is falling and very soon the guests will not even be able to see the Big White Dress you spent four months rent on.

Aaiiieee!

Ok, end of true story.

Here's the speculation part: somebody write us a module where the groom and his pals all go missing as well, and the pre-gen characters are the bridesmaids who have, let's say, a certain deadline to figure out what is wrong in this quaint coastal New England town. While wearing their Big Ugly Dresses and Insensible Shoes. Perhaps surrounded by panicking or sinister parents of the Bride and/or Groom, a lot of hungry and cold wedding guests fumbling around in the dark, and a lot of historical recreationists wandering around in period costume speaking in odd old accents and acting smug about being able to do their shtick by candlelight.

There's an adventure in here somewhere, I tell you.

Till we post again,

Yours fondly,

Sialia

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Sialia said:

Over the past three years, since I first began the "Motherhood" module, I have:

had my body metamorphosed into a shape distorted almost beyond recognition,
had my inner workings dominated by another living entity,
endured months and months of vertigo, nausea, and surreal dreams,
felt another living thing squirm within my being,
simultaneously understood being the center of the universe and utterly irrelevant,
been covered in nearly every bodily fluid imaginable,
fed another creature with my bodily fluids,
endured insatiable thirsts,
survived unimaginable hungers,
gone for nearly 14 months without a two hour block of continous sleep,

I have to admit, us daddies get it much, much easier... I certainly wouldn't want to watch "Aliens" if I were pregnant...

Cheers

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Wicht said:
Here's a thought - if you would get that Very Hungry Monster story bound and printed, (i.e. published) I know I would buy a copy. :)

I'm not sure that it would be legal, unfortunately - the story itself is basically the very well known "hungry caterpillar" story (albeit more charming)

Cheers

hong

WotC's bitch
Hello Kali

More twisted Hello Kitty for the masses, shamelessly stolen from Joe Bay's home page. Even more shameless attempt to hijack Sialia's thread.

See also Hello Kitty Has No Mouth for more on the terrible mouthless one.

Attachments

• hkali.gif
    hkali.gif
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,255

KidCthulhu

First Post
OK, so the bouquet toss was a little indescrete. And yes, I know you're not supposed to throw them overhand. But I wanted to make sure you got it.

The point she doesn't mention is that dear ol' Sialia saw the bouquet coming, and turned around to look behind her, as if I might be throwing it to (at) someone else!

Remove ads