Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Dr Simon

Explorer
Can I distibute my skillpoints in subterfuge to intrigue? Is it a class skill?

Yes you can. No it isn't (Subterfuge always counts as class skill for pak'ma'ra).

I make it 4 ranks in Subterfuge, -> 2 ranks in Intrigue.

This changes your skills to
Intrigue +1 (+3 to gather information) (4 points -> 2 ranks CC, -1 Cha)
Subterfuge +2 (racial bonus)

Shayuri

First Post
Ash considers for a moment, then says, "We have a ship, and we can arrange for your transport to a planet with trees, and even take you with us when we go see Raive. In exchange for whatever Tal tech you have here in the shop, including that...whatever it is."

"Deal?"

(OOC - Bear in mind that Ashley has a pretty good Charisma and Intrigue is a class skill for her that she has ranks in.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: @ Shay. I know. It was a natural 20 on a Diplomacy check for Ashley that stopped him from setting his remaining robots onto you!

IC:

"Chk. Deal," says Sethyk. He climbs down again. "Tryce. Quentin Tryce is the man you want to see. Chk chrrk. I can take you to him. Chk. He doesn't see strangers, but he provides me with the tech, trrk. Raive went to stay with him, chk chk. Ready, trrk?"

The furry alien seems set to drop what he is doing and take you to this "Tryce" staright away.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Sethyk is busy divesting himself of his toolbelt and goggles, replacing them with a more decorative form of utility belt, perhaps the Cascor equivalent of smart clothes.

"Keep the beetle if you like," he says to Vurk carelessly. "Tchk. Here, this is all the Tal tech I have left. Chrrk." He scratches sround on his workbench and finds a handful of fine fibres, little more than cotton threads. "Trk. Those are like... chk, artificial nerves. Without a control module or effector device they are pretty much useless. Keep them. Chk."

Shayuri

First Post
Ashley nods at Vurk, indicating he should take the items, then says to Sethyk, "Yeah, lets go see Quentin then. Who is he anyway? Why does Raive trust him so much?"

She follows the little alien as he leads them.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Sethyk seems to have "dressed" himself to his satisfaction. He flattens some of the more matted clumps of his fur with a licked hand, making little clicks and trills to himself.

"Chrrk. Quentin Tryce is a, chk, very important person in Tribon," says Sethyk as he leads you back through his maze of junk. "He knows everyone, chk chk, and can get anything you want. Trrk. Including Tal tech. I don't know if Raive, chrrk, trusts him, chk chk. But he likes the enhancements that Quentin Tryce can get him. Trrr."

Sethyk takes you back through the antechamber with the LOX cylinders and through the back door of his shop. You see Kevin in the process of dragging the Hurr over the counter by the lapels. The Ranger and the alien both look round as you enter.

"Never mind pal, here they are," says Kevin and drops the Hurr back into his seat. He dusts his hands off theatrically. "I guess this is the mysterious Sethyk?" he nods towards the Cascor (who seems unconcerned about the manhandling of his assistant). "What's the sit. rep.*? You want to know what I got from the Grome?"

*Sit. rep. = Situation Report

Walking Dad

First Post
Ashley nods at Vurk, indicating he should take the items, then says to Sethyk, "Yeah, lets go see Quentin then. Who is he anyway? Why does Raive trust him so much?"

She follows the little alien as he leads them.
Vurk takes the container with the beetle and follows, too.

Shayuri

First Post
Ashley gives the ranger a relieved grin. His absence had been worrying. She knew he could take care of himself, but...ever since seeing that 'bug' for what it was...

"Yeah, definitely. I've got news for you too. Sethyk, would you give us a second here to get our friend caught up?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
It takes Sethyk a moment to get the hint, but after realising that he is supposed to be elsewhere, he suddenly nods and trots over to talk to his Hurr assistant. The two of them engage in a conversation in Interlac.

"Our Grome friend is called Pli'Ador," says Kevin. "I get the impression he and his pal back at the Black Nebula are your typical lurkers, taking any unsavoury work for a few credits. He talked plenty when I caught him - no stomach for a fight. He and his pal were hired by a dark-skinned human named Carver - I couldn't get from him if that was a name or some kind of moniker - and this Carver paid them to watch Alexis and anyone who came near her. They were to report back to Carver if anything happened. He had this communicator," Kevin produces a small transceiver from within the folds of his duster coat. "I borrowed it from him, in case the Doc could do anything fancy with it and trace the calls?" He tosses the communicator to Vurk.

"So, do we know where to find this Raive cyber-psycho?"

Remove ads