Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Dr Simon

Explorer
The transport shuttle arrives at your stop.

"Don't look round, but I think I've spotted Ashley's spy," says Kevin from the corner of his mouth as you all alight. "Watch the grome in the trenchcoat".

The grome does not get off the shuttle at this stop, but as the car pulls away it can be seen quite brazenly staring at your group through the window, talking into a communicator.

Kevin gives a wry grimace. "Somebody loves us," he says.

A few seconds later, the shuttle arrives at your stop. All disembark, but the grome does not. Suddenly, Kevin bursts into action. With a cry of "See you back at the club" he darts back between the shuttle doors just as they are closing. As the shuttle pulls away you get a glimpse of the ranger approaching a very startled looking grome.

The neighbourhood of T-Kat Buy and Trade is part of a huge gantry bridge that crosses from one side of the lower cavern to the other. The shuttle tube runs along a lower level, and above this is the "street", with a road wide enough for two of the local buggies to travel down. On either side are tatty buildings with a temporary look, begrimed with industrial filth. Litter is strewn everywhere. The area is quiet, with just a few aliens out and about.

T-Kat Trade and Buy stands across the street from you, a narrow shopfront wedged between a small grubby nameless shop offering "Food for all races: draze, grome, baloss, hurr, lort, naan ect." [sic] according to the sign in its window on one side, and "Beta Holovideo", windows now boarded up with metal sheeting. Across the street, near where you have come up from the transport tube, is the "Club Tropic", advertising "Girls" with a neon palm tree, as seen in Vurk's enhancement of Raive's vid messages.

OOC: The T-Kat shop is open, or proclaims itself to be from the sign on the door.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(I...thought we were going to make contact with our tail when we found him...argh...so confused. Can I at least try to scan him?)

Ashley shakes her head.

"Overcomplicating things. Lets just go in and ask to talk to the man. If we get trouble, or if he doesn't want to see us, then we can get sneaky."

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: My fault, I didn't spot until yesterday that Jemal's been having access problems so I moved things on a bit.

But the timeline is this:

Kevin spotsthe grome spy.
The grome spy spots Kevin spotting him.
As Kevin alerts the others, the shuttle pulls up at your stop.
On my assumption, the party gets off at the stop.
The grome doesn't (his cover's blown, there are no crowds here to blend into).

So, you could miss your stop if you want to stay on the shuttle to deal with the spy directly, and we ignore everything after the asterisks for now. There's certainly time to scan him as you watch the shuttle depart. I'm tempted to have Kevin leap back on the shuttle as the doors close, with a promise to meet you later.

Also to clarify (I've tidied the text up a bit above), T-Kat Trade and Buy isn't advertising food, that's the shop to the left. The shop to the right is the boarded-up holovid store.

IC:
[SBLOCK=Ashley]
Telepathy check 13+3 (-4) = 16. Success.

You get a glimpse into the alien mind of the grome. He is experiencing a strong sense of fear, and you also pick out that he doesn't know who he is contacting. He is thinking that he doesn't want to mess things up so that Carver, a dark-skinned human, isn't angry with him. Gambling debts seem to be involved.

OOC: As an FYI, any Telepathy check involving a different species from yourself gives a -4 penalty to the check unless you have the Adaptive Mind feat.
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
Ashley shakes her head.

"Overcomplicating things. Lets just go in and ask to talk to the man. If we get trouble, or if he doesn't want to see us, then we can get sneaky."

Unless there are protests, she starts to do just that...entering the target place of business with the intent of asking to speak to Sethyk.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ashlet, Vurk and Sarhat enter T-Kat Trade and Buy. It is a long narrow shop stuffed with robot parts balanced on shelves and hanging from the ceiling. Many of the parts look like they have seen better days.

To the left of the door is the counter, with a large greasy human-like alien sat behind it - a Hurr. The hurr is busy watching a violent sporting match (looks like a Mutai) on the vidscreen by the shop front, and its sole concession to acknowledging your arrival is to glance in your direction and grunt.

At the back of the shop is another (closed) door, with a keypad beside it. This is in line of sight of the hurr, or would be if he wasn't watching the fighting.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Hurr are another minor League race with a general reputation for being brutish thugs. They look fairly humanlike except for their puggish noses with four nostrils, and their long flexible fingers with broad pads at the end.

On the map, 1 square = 1m
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Sarhat]
Sarhat knows that the hurr generally would rather fight before bargain, an action that, given their technological inferiority to the galaxy at large, has kept them a pretty minor race.
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Tkat shop1.jpg
    Tkat shop1.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Hurr.jpg
    Hurr.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(Doh, how did I miss this...)

Ashley strolls in and looks around, then goes to the counter. Given the neighborhood and situation she decides being overly friendly would seem insincere and threatening, so she affects a vaguely disinterested 'just biz' sort of demeanor.

"Hey there...are you Sethyk?"

Remove ads