Babylon 5... reboot?

Dausuul

Legend
That would require originality and creativity. Short supply in Hollywood now.
When the same guy who created B5 in the first place is also in charge of the reboot, I don't know that this argument really holds water.

Now, granted, some writers do seem to run out of originality and creativity and start just rehashing the same material after a while. But as far as I can tell, this has yet to happen to JMS.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
When the same guy who created B5 in the first place is also in charge of the reboot, I don't know that this argument really holds water.

Now, granted, some writers do seem to run out of originality and creativity and start just rehashing the same material after a while. But as far as I can tell, this has yet to happen to JMS.
As much as I like JMS’s writing, the fact that this is a reboot does kinda beg the question. 🤷

Zardnaar

Legend

Because of who it is benefit of the doubt.

Best case scenario we end up with Kobra Kai scenario. Decent scenario BSG, worst case take your pick.

Might be set before or after the events in B5 involve a different set of actors or be an outright reboot.

Mallus

Legend
Creativity isn’t in short supply.

Risk-tolerance is. Especially when it comes to pricey genre entertainment.

Which shouldn’t really surprise people because as much as folks complain about the lack of creativity in Hollywood, they reward the familiar at the box office.

That’s why we’ve had a tradition of remakes since the silent film era.

(and that’s not so bad… you want only one Hamlet?)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Because of who it is benefit of the doubt.

Best case scenario we end up with Kobra Kai scenario. Decent scenario BSG, worst case take your pick.

Might be set before or after the events in B5 involve a different set of actors or be an outright reboot.

What are you talking about?

It’s on the CW! Best case scenario?
Sexy G’Kar!

Worst case?
Sexy Londo!

Either way, I can’t wait for the alien sexy!

Zardnaar

Legend
Creativity isn’t in short supply.

Risk-tolerance is. Especially when it comes to pricey genre entertainment.

Which shouldn’t really surprise people because as much as folks complain about the lack of creativity in Hollywood, they reward the familiar at the box office.

That’s why we’ve had a tradition of remakes since the silent film era.

(and that’s not so bad… you want only one Hamlet?)

Point ultimately it's on the consumer eg us.

Remove ads