• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Back Off Man... I'm A Scientist! (CALLING KAHUNA BURGER)

kirinke

First Post
Hay, been reading through the posts, and if it's possible, I'd like to join. Seems like you guys are missing the team psychic, so here goes.

NAME: Elyssa Pembroke
HGT: 5ft, 6inches
WGT: 133
EYES: Hazel
HAIR: dark blonde

MUSCLES 2
Break things 1
Run 2

BRAINS 3
Chinese mythology 2
Japanese mythology 1

MOVES 2
Dancing 1
Martial arts 1
Fire Proton pack 1

COOL 4
Minor psychokinesis (think prestidigitation/mage hand) 1
Ghost sound/Ghost lights 1
Sense icky things (sensitive to past impressions) 1

GOAL: Develop her psychic skills and learn how not to be such a bloody ghost attractant!

As a child, she's been pretty much everywhere, but spent a good number of years in China where her mother worked in the embassy. She speaks fluent Mandarin chinese and pretty good Japanese too. When she was growing up, she found that ghosts where constantly attracted to her. It didn't matter where she was, she always had something happening to her. Whether it was that spooky shadow thing always following her, or the ghost of her dead cat refusing to move on. As one ghost once put it, you're the lamp, we're the moths, get used to it kiddo.

Now in New York, she's persuing a mythology/linguist degree, hoping to follow in her mothers footsteps and looking for a summer job.

Perusing the newspaper, she comes across the GhostBuster ad. Seeing a chance of a life-time, she puts on her best suit, reserved for weddings, funerals and interviews and takes the sub-way to the Ghost-busters station house.

She walks into the Ghostbuster's station house and hands her resume to luis. When he asks her why they should hire her, she looks at his lunch-box and causes it to spin. In midair. Without using her hands.

Elyssa can lift things/manipulate things up to 10 pounds & she can create ghost sounds/weird lights out of thin air, set off car alarms, start cars, open simple locks, see ghosts and can get a general impression of what's been going on in a room or house. As you can imagine, she's pretty popular come halloween. Oh yeh. She also wears glasses.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Thanks Frukathka. This is going to be fun. :) And it'll be a nice change from the serious games I'm in. :] I love a chance to purely roleplay.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Sorry folks! I got sick yesterday and didn't go into work. My bad.

I should be getting the opening post done by the end of business day today (5pm EST). Look for it!

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Opening post is up in the Playing The Game thread under this:

Back Off Man... I'm A Scientist

Feel free to start roleplaying to your heart's content. I'll be adding in more info about the opening adventure as we go along, but don't feel like you need to wait for me if you have some fun stuff you want ot post. Thanx folks! This'll be fun!

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
kirinke, if it's not too much trouble, could you post all of your character's dialogue in a color of your choosing? It just makes it easier to find what Elyssa is speaking.

For all of you, here are the standard rp board formats that I use (along with most of the rest of EnWorld).

Please put all your character's dialogue in a specific color and containing it within single or double quote marks (') or (").

All dialogue that is THOUGHT by the character but not actually spoken aloud should be in italics.

Anything you write that is out of game or out of character info (like when we start posting rolls and combat info and such), please post it in DIM GRAY and offset it either with "OOC:" or a short row of *******.

Any other questions/problems, please feel free to post them here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads