• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Background Sounds (Music)

tyrlaan

Explorer
First off, I will definitely be checking out Syrinscape :D

Second, I'm a bit of an insane person when it comes to my gaming music. Well, maybe when it comes to music in general. I love soundtracks for starters, but I then spend time listening to them to decide what kind of mood each track best evokes and then build out playlists accordingly. Therefore, I have playlists for the categories you originally asked about, should you be interested in chasing the tracks down. And since I have them on my iPod (never know when a game is going to break out - have to be prepared :) )....

Dungeon
Aliens - Main Title
Aliens - Sub-Level 3
Baldur's Gate The Original Saga - The Ruins of Ulcaster
Conan the Barbarian 2 - Dueling Wizards
Diablo II - Cave
Diablo II - Crypt
Diablo II - Spider
D&D Soundtrack (Midnight Syndicate) - Descent into the Depths
D&D Soundtrack (Midnight Syndicate) - Secret Chamber
D&D Soundtrack (Midnight Syndicate) - Stealth and Cunning
Ghost in the Shell - Access
Ghost in the Shell - Ghostdive
Mission Impossible - Biblical Revelation
The Terminator - The Terminator's Arrival
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade - Wastelands

It's not very long, but it keeps growing as I get more music :)

I don't specifically have forest, but my Dark mix would probably work, or my Eerie mix, depending on what you're looking for. I have a Town-Fantasy mix that would probably fit the bill for city and a separate for taverns, but I figured I'd only post up one instead of making a giant post. If folks are curious, I'd be happy to post up more playlists I've put together.

buddhafrog

First Post
i don't specifically have forest, but my dark mix would probably work, or my eerie mix, depending on what you're looking for. I have a town-fantasy mix that would probably fit the bill for city and a separate for taverns, but i figured i'd only post up one instead of making a giant post. If folks are curious, i'd be happy to post up more playlists i've put together.

post post post

tyrlaan

Explorer
Here's another one...

Dark
Army of Darkness - Foul Thing
Batman – Flowers
The Crow - Believe in Angels
Fight Club – What Is Fight Club?
Gladiator - Honor Him
Gladiator - Now We Are Free
The Lord of the Rings Online – Dark the Days
Heroes of Might and Magic III - Campaignmusic07
Heroes of Might and Magic III – Lava
Interview with the Vampire – Plantation Pyre
Interview with the Vampire - Theatre Des Vampires
Mortal Kombat – Friends
Mortal Kombat - Hand and Shadow
Mortal Kombat – Kidnapped
Mortal Kombat – Kids
Philippe-Alexandre Belisle – Nostalgia
The Running Man - Intro/Bakersfield
Stargate - Myth, Faith, Belief
Stargate – Ra – the Sun God
The Terminator – Arm & Eye Surgery
The Terminator – The Terminator Main Theme
The Thirteenth Floor – End of the World

beldar1215

Explorer
Hello,
I tried to download the Syrinscape .exe file but I can't seem to get it. Also, I see no where to agree to the Terms and Conditions. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, is this even still being supported by the creator?

Beldar

Last edited:

buddhafrog

First Post
I mix my audio between ambient and actual sound effects (swords clashing, monsters roaring, rain pounding, wind howling, etc). What I can't find is good city/town/tavern sound effects. Any ideas?

mattcolville

Adventurer
I mix my audio between ambient and actual sound effects (swords clashing, monsters roaring, rain pounding, wind howling, etc). What I can't find is good city/town/tavern sound effects. Any ideas?

I bet you could get some great MP3s for that out of Baldur's Gate and/or WoW.

tyrlaan

Explorer
I bet you could get some great MP3s for that out of Baldur's Gate and/or WoW.
Absolutely. I have the soundtracks they've put out for both games. As you can see from the mixes I've posted thus far, I definitely use that music. As well as music from Diablo II, Devil May Cry, and so on. But I've found good instrumental artists out there too that are not found on movie soundtracks. Heck, one of my Victory mixes has an instrumental tune by the Corrs in it :)

@buddhafrog:
There is no such thing as too much audio :) Seriously though, I have a standard mix of combat music that runs probably about 1 to 1.5 hours but hearing it every time you get into a combat can get stale. So a larger mix equals less repetition.

underthumb

First Post
If you have a mac, Soundboard allows you to manage and cue up music in real time with a single keyboard click. You can also loop, layer, fade, and add effects to just about any standard audio file.

It's quite well-designed and worth checking out.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Deep Into the Earth is what it's called, like Henrix said in his post. I think I can help you find a copy. I just shot you an email to that effect.

Can you shoot me an email as well? ravencrowking at hotmail dot com.

Some years back, I picked up a CD called "Sounds of Horror". I used a lion sound effect (coughing, not roar) in a megadungeon as what the PCs heard. The creature itself was statistically a lion, but refluffed. They saw it, but didn't fight it. The sound effect, plus the description of an unknown creature, was enough to make them want to avoid the thing!

RC

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads