• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Background Sounds (Music)

beldar1215

Explorer
Raven,
I got my password very quickly. It was within 30 mins, IIRC. I was having some issues with the program and it did take a while for me to get a reply. I e-mailed the creator directly. It looks like he is in Australia, so that may me part of the issues. Once he did get back to me, I was able to follow his suggestions and the program is now working.

Beldar

Last edited:

Raven Crowking

First Post
Raven,
I got my password very quickly. It was within 30 mins, IIRC. I was having some issues with the program and it did take a while for me to get a reply. I e-mailed the creator directly. It looks like he is in Australia, so that may me part of the issues. Once he did get back to me, I was able to follow his suggestions and the program is now working.

Beldar

Thanks for the reply!

RC

benjamin

Explorer
Yes I am from Oz!

Hey all!

Yes I am from Australia... so I'm not really very often awake at the same time as those in the great big USA (or the UK for that matter)!

lol

I'm really glad to help anyone who has issues with the program! Some people do seem to have problems getting a log in (about one in 20). I can register anyone who asks manually, so make sure you let me know!

Make sure you download the extra soundsets... and yes... consider a small donation if you use it gameplay.... then I justify spending more time on it!

Thanks for all the positive feedback too!

:D

Benjamin

Quickleaf

Legend
Hey Benjamin, I just applied for membership at your site. The youtube walkthrough really got my interest, and I'm looking forward to taking it for a test run. If it is as cool as it sounds I'll definitely donate for your work putting this together. Always great to a see a product actively supported by ENworlders. :)

benjamin

Explorer
Quicklead is nice!

Hey Quickleaf,

It's so nice to have seen you around the place recommending Syrinscape.

It's really encouraged me to take it to the next level.

The new version is going to be awesome... still really easy to use... and most importantly HANDS OFF to run while DMing or GMing... but with MUCH better SoundSet building features...

Building SoundSets in the current version is a bit of an esoteric activity... though there are some pretty good tutorials etc on the site...

...anyway... what I meant to say, is thanks for all the nice things you say... and I wish you good gaming!

Benjamin

DnD_Dad

First Post
I usually play the soundtracks to baldurs gate 1 & 2, icewind dale. The advanced dungeons & dragons soundtrack, diablo 1, 2 & now 3. I also throw in the DDO soundtrack as we the soundtrack from Castlevania:LOS. Mic it all together with some maiden and you got a great night of gaming music.

benjamin

Explorer
Galbadia Hotel...

Yer... although I can't share any of these game soundtracks in my actual SoundSets... I always have them running in MY Sets when we play.

I got all the tracks from this amazing site:
Video Game Music at Galbadia Hotel

...and I stick them in the SoundSet directory and off we go.

Works a treat at keeping my players focussed!

Benjamin

Want incredibly atmospheric background
soundscapes for your gaming table?
Go to: Welcome to Syrinscape | Syrinscape
Download for free!
See a program demo, and listen to mp3s
of Syrinscape in action.

benjamin

Explorer
Ripping music from games you own...

Another thing I found useful was:
Game Music Extraction Guide :: TweakTown USA Edition

Lots of good general info on audio... and heaps of help getting audio from games I already own...

Remember... don't use any of this music for comercial purposes, or even on youtube videos etc... otherwise you're asking for trouble.

Of course if you want to use this tyoe of music comercially you could write to the copyright holders and ask their permission... even pay for licencing if necessary. That way... everyone benefits!

Benjamin Loomes

Want incredibly atmospheric background
soundscapes for your gaming table?
Go to: Welcome to Syrinscape | Syrinscape
Download for free!
See a program demo, and listen to mp3s
of Syrinscape in action.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads