• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BadWrongFun: how far is too far??

Dungeoneer

First Post
Humor thread or not, I'd call all of these examples "play style" in the same way if you played Russian Roulette with live ammo. :eek:

(Cue Dr. Who "Weakest Link" video clip)
If you know of another way to play Russian Roulette, I'd love to hear it! Attendance at our Tuesday night game is getting thin.

Starfox

Hero
When a GM or group does things that would break my real-life morality, I consider them wrong. My rl morality is pretty flexible. But anything that breaks the law is pretty much beyond the line. This has nothing to do with the fact that it is a game.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I don't find it problematic for the DM to say what you can play; it's when the DM asserts control over a pc, e.g. "Your character wouldn't do that" type things.
But even there it isn't cut-and-dried; look at 1e's RAW alignment system where the game itself said "Your character wouldn't do that" and if you went ahead and did it anyway there were some pretty severe in-game consequences.

Lanefan

Oryan77

Adventurer
Ah man, I was taking this thread seriously up until the examples in the OP. I was really looking forward to reading serious examples of badwrongfun. I thought I was about to both learn something and get some good chuckles. It is always refreshing to hear the crap that goes on in other groups. Hearing a horror story that you can't imagine actually being true, but it is, really makes me appreciate the group that I have or have had.

Anyone have some real examples to throw up? Or am I being a buzzkill? I'm only asking because I think the real examples would be much funnier (or more entertaining) to read than the tongue-n-cheek ones.

Agamon

Adventurer
When a GM or group does things that would break my real-life morality, I consider them wrong. My rl morality is pretty flexible. But anything that breaks the law is pretty much beyond the line. This has nothing to do with the fact that it is a game.

Agreed. If my players were to show up at the game in ski masks carrying big bags of money, I'd certainly cancel the game. Nothing kills a game like cops showing up at the door.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads