Balancing D&D

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Yep. I like reading Cap's attempts to make the game work for his table. I don't get why people who are apparently bored or upset by this come in to say they are tired of this or upset. Just stay out of his threads would be easier I think. I was to a lesser degree trying to make 5e work and I didn't find a way and just switched to a different system. Hopefully Cap has better luck and maxes the fun at his table.

I don't think people are tired of Cap trying to fix stuff for his table. I know I welcome that part of it.

It's only when he tells people they're wrong for not seeing it how he sees it, that his view is the final word on how it is and should be, that damage per round is the most important issue to always focus on, or that the game designers are lazy or getting away with stuff for not seeing it how he sees it, that I think people get their hackles up.

And I don't even think he means to be doing that. Usually when he posts those types of thoughts, he is trying to get ideas on a fix but seems so frustrated that he kinda lashes out when people seem to get in the way of him getting thoughtful feedback on how to fix something for his game.

Anyway, Cap's a good guy and he cares about this game and making it work better for the players at his table. I don't think he will be leaving it any time soon. But, he does rub people the wrong way, understandably so, a lot with his approach. It gets to me as well sometimes.

Last edited:

Remove ads