"Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance" or "Dungeons & Dragons: The Movie"?

wbmcdermott

First Post
Sorceress Tip: Ball Lightning.

Never pick another spell. This one rocks. It travels in a straight line doing massive damage to any creature even nearby AND it doesn't affect your partner, so the dwarf can be up fighting in the front lines and not get hit by your spells.

Sabre

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
[Hijack!]

Huh. I haven't used ball lightning; I wasn't that impressed by it initially.

My favorite trick is using Mordenkainen's Sword (Lordy, I love that spell: low mana to use, and very effective) to lure away single monsters. It slows them a bit as it hits them, making it simple to run in front of them. They soon die before ever landing a hit. I use this with great success on iron golems, those minotaur things.... even better, run into a room with Mordenkainen's sword active. Drop a meteor storm on 3-4 bad guys, and the sword finishes off anyone left! Whoo hoo!

Does anyone besides me find the archer's aiming technique wonky? I was irritated enough to switch to the sorceress early on.

Last edited:

Phanboy

First Post
The Archer is okay with practice, Burning hands is quite powerful if you max it out. (Quite useful for those big ass spiders!)

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Isn't it ironic comparing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance to a movie, considering the game's amount of voice actors/actresses with movie and/or TV experience (John Rhys-Davies, Dwight Shultz, Cree Summer, Michael Bell, etc.)? :eek:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp And can't Jeremy Soule's music for the game (as well as for Icewind Dale and several others) be favorably compared to any cinematic score out there? :)

-G

Last edited:

Neowolf

First Post
Wait a second, there was a story in BG:DA? :p Personally, I just hacked and slashed my way through the whole thing without paying much attention to the thin layer of story there seemed to be.

Last edited:

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
I didn't see the D&D movie, based on the review at dailyradar.com.

Well, actually, based on the title of the review: "Dungeons and Dragons Movie Fails its Saving Throw Against Sucking Ass."

Two years later, and it still makes me giggle like a schoolboy.

Daniel

Last edited:

jaded

First Post
i dont even want to start on the movie! BG:DA for sure... problem being it just wasnt long enough!!! Finished it in 15 hours with a friend :(

As for spells, I played a sorc and went with lightning bolt / chain lightning... literally blasted my way through the game pausing only to loot :) it comes highly recommended!

Remove ads