Ban the Thayan Menace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappo

Explorer
I've never been bothered by you at all - though maybe I wasn't in the right threads? I found the pictures funny, though they did tend to confuse threads a bit. ;)

the Jester

Legend
The Thayan Menace said:
I appreciate the feedback.

Believe me, I am learning a lot about ENworld's "unwritten code" of civility (i.e., "Rule 0").

However, any additional specifics would be appreciated.

Basically, comport yourself as you would with someone you didn't know well but wanted to establish a strong friendship with and you should be okay.

Remember, you don't know them well, and you aren't sure what will offend them- so mind your P's and Q's and dot your I's and cross your T's. Or something like that.

My wisdom - don't ask for advice on your personality. Especially don't do it often. People start to perceive you as the guy who can't handle life on his own, and they start taking every opportunity to tell you what you're doing wrong, even to the point of imagining you doing things, or taking mundane actions in the wrong light.

Honestly, dude, all you're guilty of is repeating a joke too many times. Unless you want to make the joke all you are (much like Hong and Diaglo do with their particular oddities), you should not repeat a joke more than 3 times.

The Thayan Menace

First Post
Keep Up the Useful Advice

RangerWickett said:
My wisdom - don't ask for advice on your personality.
Don't worry, I'm comfortable enough with my own persona. I just want tips on avoiding mass-complaints and, more importantly, moderator wrath. :)

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
The best way is to have a personality--your own personality, not a persona. Then to not be a jerk to other people. If you find that you are able to get along with others in real life even if they disagree with you, then you have all the tools you need to get along fine here.

ENWorld is a rather forgiving place. Even if you start with a reputation as a jerk, it's not too difficult to mature into a reasonable member that is valued by much of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads