• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Banned from public RPG

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Oh god I hope so.

You obviously never played a nintendo... :p

6e69919c29fd1bbb33a6273c58dded79-Ice_Climber.jpg

* although I admit this game has a polar bar not a walrus. Then again, considering that the game has penguins, "ducks" furry ice men things and penguins, I always wondered why no freaken walruses. Of course, since the game did have several updated versions (that I never played) there might be walruses in it...

Last edited:

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Admit it, Scott; Player's Handbook 4 is about playing anthromorphic arctic animals and one of the new bard powers is based on the song I Am A Walrus. Clearly the OP works for you guys and this is some silly attempt at subliminal marketing.

Busted.

The 2011 setting is a reprint of M:TG Ice age but instead of cards or books you'll be buying costumes, fake snow, Akutaq, primitive weapons, sled dogs, and adventure modules intricately carved on whale bones.

Oh yeah, the primary classes are the Yoko and Ringo.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Sample Encounter from 2011:

You enter a large room. Suddenly the wizard Jon the Leonon appears and casts an Immurement consisting of 20 portable holes laid onto the ground from which dire seals randomly pop up to take a breath. As they exhale they emit a foul stench (close burst 5) similar to fish, pipe smoke, and bad aftershave. If you are caught in the burst you are immediately stunned as the sounds of the song "Octopuses Garden" fill your head. You take ongoing 5 ear worm damage until the seal goes back in the hole.

The next hour or so looks like a game of whack-a-mole on LSD with you and your friends jamming sharpened sticks into the holes while screaming profanities about the creatures under the sea.

Siberys

Adventurer
Koo-koo ka-choo?
I'm pretty certain walruses say "goo goo g'joob". I mean, really, a walrus that said "koo koo k'choo" would either be very silly, or very sick (and sneezing).

Rouse, will there be any clarification on this misconception in the setting book? I would have to disown 4e if it weren't. Honestly. REALLY.

Remove ads