Baradur's End - Part III

Arbanax

First Post
Grateful despite the tense situation, Rellek was glad he kept his peace. Still he sought to urge on the others who clearly were making more success than he would have done.

[Sblock]

Ok I'll just continue to help the others...

If you want a roll for anything then - I'll make a go with the nature skill after the Lizard men mention the dark stain that blights their lands. I'll be looking for signs of the blight that had afflicted our own area.

Roll: 22

if successful I will add...this to this attempt by saying something like...

[/sblock]

Rellek hear the Lizard Men mention a blight and with careful words spoke up.

"Friends, for that is what you are, if like us you seek to stop that which blights the earth, saps its strength and corrupts her children. We to have come from Greensfen, where this blight took hold spreading its accursed touch and cursing the very ground so nothing could grow, but that which was dead or dying.

Death was the cause and death is all Baradur will bring, to this town and long before they have succumbed to you, unless like us you take arms to strike back before its too late."

Ab

nerdytenor

First Post
Everyone but Rellek - your turn

I'm here, I'm here! :) Time to resuscitate this game again. We are in round two of the skill challenge, convincing the lizardfolk. Only Rellek has acted, and he can grant a +2 to someone else this round.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I'm at a bit of an impasse, here, too. Karis has used pretty much the only character-appropriate persuasive tactic she has. I don't see her trying to sweet-talk or bluff her way forward in this situation; it's just not her. Dipping into the intimidate well again feels cheesy. Thus, I've been hoping someone more diplomatic would make a stirring speech and win it without K having to go again. I'll see if I can think of something else, but in the meantime...

The Digger

First Post
Joshua looked around him hesitantly. It seemed the lizardmen were tending towards his party's side but were still not convinced. The others also stood looking at each other waiting for someone else to act - and all the while the situation grew more dangerous.

The wizard was not at his ease in this kind of situation. He was more used to just blasting away with fire and sword until there was no opposition to deal with or possible allies to cajole. But needs must.

He cleared his throat before starting to speak.

"Ahem! We, er, have no real animus with these people as, er, people. It is against Baradur that we have taken up arms. 'Tis a pity, a great pity, that these good people have been deluded into following this evil, this scourge and we must endeavour to find and destroy him before his influence spreads any further."

He spread his arms towards the lizardmen in a pleading manner. "Aid us, I beseech you. Take us under your protection and help us to destroy our mutual enemy."

[sblock=OOC]Diplomacy 1d20+1 (or +3 if Rellek's +2 can be added) = 19 or 21. Roll Lookup [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
We do not relish war with these humans, however. They are confused, and most of them do not understand the darkness to which they have become a party. Tell us, though, what crime have they accused you of? What have you done, really?

Kraegyn thought the matter through- a far more difficult and time-consuming task than his usual 'direct' approach. He waited until the others had spoken, or at least any who were going to speak, and then he said a few simple words, his deep rumble of a voice subdued to hide his rising anger.

"Our crime, as they call it? A simple enough matter- when we were led into their camp to be questioned, as they would likely say, we decided that we were unwelcome there, and we fought our way out. Had we not, we would be ensorcelled now, by spells or false words, I have no doubt. Or we would be dead. Now you have heard our words, and you can tell we speak the truth. What say you? Will you join us, and bind our strengths together to defeat this menace, or must we shoulder the task alone, as we have done so far?" Despite his attempt to speak calmly, it was obvious that he was mad, and getting ready for a battle that he felt was inevitable- by the end of his speech, his voice had risen nearly to a sibilant shout...

OOC: Diplomacy, at +5= 8; roll Roll Lookup ; Kraegyn is much better at Intimidate, but the 'drill sargeant' routine doesn't seem to fit here.

Walking Dad

First Post
Bavak

"We have to work together! Haven't you seen the plague!" Bavak starts to argue adding the things he know about it to show the dire need of cooperation.

[sblock=OOC]
Heal (1d20+11=17)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Bavak
Perception: 25 Insight: 20 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 16 Reflex 16 Will 18
Hit Points: 39/46 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: necrotic 7, radiant 7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 11 Surges per day: 9/9
At-Will Powers: Call Spirit Companion, Spirit’s Fangs, Stalker’s Strike, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Hand of Radiance, Twin Panthers, Call to the Savage Elder
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North, Spirits of Battle
[/sblock][/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Karis suddenly springs to her feet, throwing her arms into the air in frustration, shouting at the lizardfolk. "What is wrong with you people! You'd think Baradur had been at you already, so thick you're being. It's so simple even a dwarf could follow it: You oppose Baradur. We oppose Baradur. Yet here we are, wasting time talking, when we could be tracking him down and stabbing him through the eyes! If he could see us now, he'd probably die laughing at how stupid this all is! Get your heads out from beneath your tails and make up your minds!"

ooc: diplomacy 13. Aaand that's why I usually stick to intimidate. Or bluff.

Remove ads