• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Barbarian/Bard and Dragon Annual 5

Shampoohorn

First Post
I'd like to create a "skaldic" character via multiclassing and read somewhere that there is a suggestion for this in Dragon Annual #5. Could someone be so kind as to list the leveling plan and any additional info about the combo? I've got some ideas of my own, but would like some more experienced input.

Thanks a bunch.

-TK

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
THose things are worthless. They just make a chart that tells you what you get for a Bar3/Brd2 but they do it for ever level. I guess opening up the PHB and multi classing as norml (look up each bonus of each class and add it together) is to tough. It'd be best to just make your own. and find what feels good for your character and the campaign he's in. Unless you actually like knowing months ahead of time what levles you will have when you have character level 16.

DrSpunj

Explorer
Yeah...

Not much thought went into this. I pulled it out to check for you and they literally just start with Bar1 then Brd 1 then Bar 2 then Brd 2 all the way to 10/10. They suggest Power Attack, Cleave, Dodge, Mobility and possibly Extend Spell for pre-combat spells. They also recommend keeping your Perform maxed even though you have to spend 2 points while upping your Barb levels.

Hope that helps, but you're probably much better off just following Crothian's advice.

Shampoohorn

First Post
Thanks...

That it, huh? Oh well. The unknown always seems to take on a grail-like status only to reveal itself as a cheap plastic cup.

My original idea was to bring my boy up to a 3/3 bard/barbarian and then start taking barbarian levels (and a fourth bard level somewhere). At least for what I was thinking about, a high rank in perform is not a big deal; I'm happy as long as he can inspire courage. That nice feat from Song and Silence will come in handy to get extra song uses, and hmmm, maybe I'll pick up a some levels of rogue instead of 2-4 of bard. Ahhh, the possibilities.

Thanks for checking it out for me.

Much appreciation,
TK

Remove ads