• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Barnes & Noble's D&D Online Course

Fate Lawson

First Post
Great marketing idea for the Holiday selling season. Parents and older relatives can buy kids the books and don't have to wonder how the kids are going to learn the game. Open the books on Christmas morning, sign 'em up for the class that afternoon. Just about the time the little rascals are all back from the holiday break, class begins.

Now if they'll just put a little advertising behind it.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Saeviomagy said:
I can see it now - an entire class filled with the best D&D minds that the world has to offer, and just a couple of actual beginners. I hope that the long-timers have the good manners to NOT ask oddball expert-level rules questions, comment on the system being terrible etc, and actually help those beginners who sign up.

I hope so too.

But no, they'll probably be jerks.

loki44

Explorer
Thornir Alekeg said:
So is it a self paced class (lessons posted, message board for questions), or is there a specific meeting time (webchat)? I couldn't tell from the website and was curious as to how it worked.

It's self paced but there are opportunities to ask questions, see other people's questions, and the teacher will respond. They send you the details after you register. I signed up yesterday.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads