• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Batman as a D&D character

Doctor DM

First Post
That's right, I'm making a fantasy version of Batman to protect the city from thieves (especially my PC's) :lol:

Aaaaaanyway, what do you guys think he should be like?

What level would he be? What class(es)? What equipment? What would his stats be? Feats?

How would you enworlders design Batman for a Dungeons & Dragons world?

Thanks.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Doctor DM said:
That's right, I'm making a fantasy version of Batman to protect the city from thieves (especially my PC's) :lol:

Aaaaaanyway, what do you guys think he should be like?

What level would he be? What class(es)? What equipment? What would his stats be? Feats?

How would you enworlders design Batman for a Dungeons & Dragons world?

Thanks.

Those are always hard to quantify - but thinking about it he would be a high level warblade/artificer or since he is a superhero a gestalt warblade/artificer - hm that actually seems like a fun wacky build.

Goldmoon

First Post
I already have a custom-built minature for Batman, although hes armored and has a hammer and shield. I'd upload the pic if I knew how.

Meloncov

First Post
Artificer proably comes closest. In straight combat he can't stand up to others of "his level" (i.e. other super heroes) but with preperation he can stand against just about anyone.

IanB

First Post
Is your goal to emulate the actual abilities of the comic book Batman, or just to retain the flavor?

Monk/artificer would seem to be your best bet for the former. If you just want to keep the flavor, then all sorts of things would work.

I would stay away from the vigilante class, the goofy Batman-esque art aside.

Doug McCrae

Legend
There's a Vigilante PrC in Complete Adventurer. It's the urban crimefighter class and the pic is clearly modelled on Batman but it's not very good.

My 'The Shadow' ripoff is an Urban Ranger from Unearthed Arcana.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I'd find a way to make him wealthy...that's part of Batman's schtick also is that he has the money to put into all his nifty toys and gadgets. In D&D terms, give him equipment on par with a PC a couple of levels higher than his actual character level.

Klaus

First Post
Monk/Rogue/Artificer or Monk/Urban Ranger/Artificer (with either Ascetic Rogue or Ascetic Hunter) work equally well. Be sure to give him Cloak Dance (XPH) and Intimidating Strike (PHBII). Also, trade in Flurry of Blows for Decisive Strike (PHBII). Treat batarangs as Shuriken. Give him a spool of endless rope (CAdv).

Of course, a Cloak of the Bat is a given.

What you have to take into account is that Batman is so very badass in comics because most of the time he's fighting criminals far beneath his level of skill. He'd be about 15th level and fighting against 8th-level criminals.

Remove ads