• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Batman Begins

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Just saw Batman Begins today. It is now my favorite Batman to date.
To enter the discussion about Keaton. Batman '89 was my favorite. While I questioned the choice of Keaton as Batman, and physically he didn't measure up, I really enjoyed his portrayal of the Dark Knight as a bit of a psycho. I only knew Batman from the silver age comics, and the Adam West (ghakk) series, and I found Keaton's portrayal to be refreshing and more reasonable. Jack Nicholson was even better as the Joker.

That said, Batman Begins was, in my opinion, the best Batman yet. Good story, good action (I hate Matrirx-style fight scenes) and finally (for me) an exposition of where Batman gets all his marvelous toys. Not just why Bruce Wayne becomes the Batman, but how he gets there. Good acting. Good effects. Good story. Good Evil villians. Nearly everything I could ask for in a comic hero movie.
YMMV

WayneLigon

Adventurer
As much as I did like Burton's Batman I later really reallized that I liked it so much for the atmosphere, and Burton's weird designs. Burton pretty much lost me when he said that the reason for the armored suit was that if someone had the real physuqie to pull off those stunts, he wouldn't use the costume and weapons, he'd just beat people with a baseball bat. (See, to me, if I'd been the money guy on that film and heard that, I'd have sent him packing. But that's just me). But it was good, and certainly better than nothing. If anything, it served to put a stake in the heart of the 60's series in the minds of Joe Public.

Begins is now my favorite Batman film; I can only hope they continue to be this good.

jasamcarl

First Post
I'm not allowed to link to it, but I would suggest anyone interested in a harsh but truthful review of this movie Google 'The Filthy Critic'.

dagger said:
Best fight scene ever...no shaky cam , quick and brutal.
Huh? Bourne Identity had shaky cam all over the place. Granted, it wasn't as bad as Bourne Supremacy (I wanted to like that movie so much, but I left the theater with a headache) but it was still there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads