• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Batman Begins

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I'm really looking forward to this one.
The first Batman movies were just a little too ... artistic for my vision of the Dark Knight. This version looks to be much closer to my personal preference. :]

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Batman is really the only comic book super hero I follow. The first Batman movie with the Joker was pretty cool to me. I hope they keep with the history of Batman. From the previews it looks like they do mostly.

And I don't care what anybody says I think the new Batmobile looks sweet.

Ambrus

Explorer
I caught a sneak preview of the movie last night as well. Very nice. :cool:

The first Batman movie with the Joker was pretty cool to me. I hope they keep with the history of Batman.

Some parts do conflict with the other movies somewhat I'm afraid. :\

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Fiery James said:
I'll be seeing it next week as well! 'Cause I just can't get enough.

:)

So how does the much-criticised costume actually come across?

And I've heard some really bad things about the fight scenes. Are they as bad as they say?

Klaus

First Post
Fiery James said:
I saw Batman Begins last night.

I'm so happy!

And the Scarecrow is ... Scary.

Now to go work on my costume...

- James
A plague! A plague on BOTH YO' HOUSES!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneone1111!!!!!!!!

*mumblemumbleluckybastichworkingontheentertainmentindustrymumblemumble*

Ambrus said:
Some parts do conflict with the other movies somewhat I'm afraid. :\
That's not likely to be a problem for me, anymore than conflicting with the old Adam West movie would. I didn't particularly like the older movies, even the Tim Burton ones.

Fiery James

First Post
Morrus said:
So how does the much-criticised costume actually come across?

And I've heard some really bad things about the fight scenes. Are they as bad as they say?

I had no problems with the costume in the movie whatsoever. And, I think the main reason is because this movie is so about the *characters* as oppsed to the *costumes* (like the previous movies were, with bat-nipples, etc.) In this movie, the costume is just a tool that Bruce Wayne used to scare evil-doers, and it totally works. All the bits are explained, and it makes sense in the movie.

The fights -- well, these aren't lightsaber battles that were coreographed for 3 months and *should have had* medium- and long-shots to show the give-and take. These are brutal, quick bouts where Batman tries to take guys out as quickly as possible. They get this across quickly, in the beginning of Bruce Wayne's training... after trying to take on his instructor with his moves of various fighting styles, he's told, "It's not a dance!" -- and that's it with Batman. No need to be fancy, just get the job done.

You get the feeling that *this* Batman is a much more competent fighter than in any of the previous Batman movies, where the character relied more on technology than physical power. This Batman can kick ass. He does it quick, close and then fades back into the shadows. It's more like the kinetic close-up camera work of Bourne Identity than something like The Matrix, if that makes sense.

If you were a fan of BATMAN: YEAR ONE, you'll probably like the direction they've gone with this. There are a few Year One references, and one scene lifted right out of the book.

And if you've been hit by the Scarecrow's fear gas... DON'T LOOK AT BATMAN!!

- JB

Remove ads