Spoilers Shogun 2024

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Greetings!

Anybody catch the premier last night on FX and Hulu? About twenty years ago I got the original series on netflix DVD by mail and it was...well it was made in the 80s. I dont recall it being culturally insensitive, just cheesy like a west meets east soap opera. However, this new series is a take produced and written with Japanese Americans so it should be interesting. I thought it was executed well, looks fantastic, and i'm now sold for the entire ride.

Anyone else?

aco175

Legend
I find that on Tuesdays I tend to watch if someone dies on Oak Island so that we can finally see if the two brothers will find Spanish gold/Pirate gold/Templar gold/baby Jesus himself at the bottom of the mine shaft.

I have a good feeling about next week though.

Greetings!

Anybody catch the premier last night on FX and Hulu? About twenty years ago I got the original series on netflix DVD by mail and it was...well it was made in the 80s. I dont recall it being culturally insensitive, just cheesy like a west meets east soap opera. However, this new series is a take produced and written with Japanese Americans so it should be interesting. I thought it was executed well, looks fantastic, and i'm now sold for the entire ride.

Anyone else?
I knew this seemed so familiar when I was watching it. Thanks for confirm it.

Any ways, I saw it. I liked it. I liked the original 80s version. This one seems pretty good. I'll be watching the whole series unless there is some catastrophic

CapnZapp

Legend
Greetings!

Anyone else?
I like it.

I liked the old one too. I don't remember it being cheesy. It was an above-average production for the time period.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Part of it was filmed near my house, and I keep making jokes that I can see my house (even though it is CLEARLY CG'd out with trees and mountains.

But I recognize many parts of the terrain!

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I've just seen a few billboards. I'm not sure what this is about. Can anybody give me a rough idea?

Remove ads