• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Batman Begins

KenM

Banned
Banned
For those that have seen it one question, about how long of a movie is it? I hope its over 2 hours. I'm really excited about this as well. I'm glad they are going more into why Bruce Wayne becomes Batman and his orgin. I also like how they are taking something from Batman, year one: Gordon is not police commisiner yet, just a detective.

JoeBlank

Explorer
Frukathka said:
Here's the info you want.

Thanks for the heads-up on this. The newspaper's tv guide does not have it listed. And neither does Yahoo's tv schedule. I'm going on Wednesday night, so this will be good to get me into it before I go.

KenM, review in my local paper indicates the movie is 2 hours 20 minutes.

Fiery James

First Post
KenM said:
For those that have seen it one question, about how long of a movie is it? I hope its over 2 hours. I'm really excited about this as well. I'm glad they are going more into why Bruce Wayne becomes Batman and his orgin. I also like how they are taking something from Batman, year one: Gordon is not police commisiner yet, just a detective.

It's over 2 hours.

People keep talking about "other" Batman movies. After tonight, all I can say is:

What other Batman movies?

Sure, we've seen movies with a guy named Bruce Wayne, dressed in a bat-suit. But they weren't Batman movies. This is, IMHO, the first time we've ever really seen Batman on screen. (Well, non-animated, anyway.)

Bravo to all involved. Not a flawless movie, but a damn good one, and a truly accurate and effective translation of the Dark Knight.

frankthedm

First Post
I liked most parts of the movie. Liberties were taken, but Brutal & Effective fighting is ALWAYS good.

Scarecrow looked too much like a Johhny Depp / Micheal Jackson Hybrid and didn't kill as much as he should have.
He should have been weilding a scythe, cutting people down like wheat once he went nuts & riding in the street.

Wantanabe played the Ra's Al Ghul i was hoping he was going to play.
A DECOY Ra's Al Ghul ;)
I had some issues at first, but the idea of a deathless chinese assasin cult had that olde Cthuliod vibe to it, which caused it to grow on me.
And after i had thought, oh look, Ra's is back and younger, well he sure acts like the comic book Demon's head at least. And then BAM!, they give me the ra's i wanted. Best thing is they killed the batman villian that is designed to recieve such treatment...and to come back for more.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads