• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Batman Begins

The Serge

First Post
Frukathka said:
I'm looking forward to the preview that SciFi channel is doing on the movie.
When's this coming out?

I saw a 15 minute preview on HBO last night and they addressed the whole fight issue. It's designed, as someone here already said, to be swift and brutal. In the previous movies, when Bats did fight, it was your standard fare that didn't seem particularly good or bad. This stuff looks very practical with the goal of putting someone down swiftly and permanently. Sounds like Batman to me.

So far, what I've seen has me very, very excited. I've also listened to tracks from the score. This is a big departure from Danny Elfman's work which possessed more of a leit-motif set up than this score, composed by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard. It's far more brooding, though, and -- although I would have liked a traditional theme format (there is a theme, it's just not as formal as earlier version) -- it's more appropriate to the character than Elfman (or Goldenthaal's) earlier material.

Andre La Roche

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
That's not likely to be a problem for me, anymore than conflicting with the old Adam West movie would. I didn't particularly like the older movies, even the Tim Burton ones.

Same here. From day one I was always under the impression that this is an entirely fresh view of the franchise, not meant to be an extension of the earlier Bat flicks.

Klaus

First Post
And so it is.

A complete reboot, disregarding the Burton operaesque movies and Schumacher's fiascoes.

Thankfully, I might add!

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Sounds awesome! I didn't care for the other Batman movies. I rate the first one as mediocre with some good moments, and the rest as garbage. Joel Schumacher in particular has my eternal enmity for turning the entire series into a cartoonish joke.

Finally, a serious and gritty Batman movie the way it was meant to be. I like the notion of quick and brutal fight scenes rather than it being like every other unrealistic overchereographed wire-fu Hollywood junk.

The only thing that bothers me is that from the posts above it sounds like they have too much of that close-up MTV style camera work for the fight scenes. I HATE that! I like to actually see what's happening in a fight scene rather than have some herky-jerky camera capturing nothing more than a blur of movement.

kirinke

First Post
I have noticed a trend in fantasy/sci-fi movies/tv shows, especially superhero movies within the last 5 years or so. They seem to be getting grittier/more realistic with a great deal more emphasis on character development. Which is a nice change from the FX 'spectaculars' of the 90's. Heh. They are starting to now have an actual plot. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads