NEWS; Gunning down the Snyderverse UPDATE Cavill gets the Kryptonite handshake!

Ryujin

Legend
Yes - that movie's heart is in the right place.

I like to think of Tim Story's FF movies as really good made-for-tv- or direct-to-video-type movies.

Josh Trank's FF movie is...
...technically well-made? I guess?
I already had my issues with the 2005 FF movie when they took one of the most beautiful actresses in the world, stuck her in a blonde wig, and slapped blue contacts on her.

The 2015 movie..... ugh.

IMDB is already listing the next movie for 2025, with very little info.

Ryujin

Legend
Those are some seriously rose-tinted glasses, but you do you. When I interned at Marvel the bullpen folks (inkers, letterers, etc.) did a screening in the office with a bootleg VHS, and it was maybe the funniest moviegoing experience I've ever had. I guess it had that going for it? I kind of miss the days of every Marvel movie being bad-even-for-a-B-movie.

And man, every single shot of Mr. Fantastic stretching....hoo boy.
Maybe so, as I see it in light of things like the 1977 "The Amazing Spiderman" TV series and that I actually like Corman's schlock style.

In case some haven't already seen it...

TRAILER

FULL MOVIE

MGibster

Legend
Those are some seriously rose-tinted glasses, but you do you. When I interned at Marvel the bullpen folks (inkers, letterers, etc.) did a screening in the office with a bootleg VHS, and it was maybe the funniest moviegoing experience I've ever had. I guess it had that going for it? I kind of miss the days of every Marvel movie being bad-even-for-a-B-movie.

And man, every single shot of Mr. Fantastic stretching....hoo boy.
I just watched it within the last two years, and there's no doubt that it's not a very good movie. But if felt more like the Fantastic Four than the first Fantastic Four movie released to theaters. I'm not arguing it's a better movie, but it had more respect for its source material.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But how cool is it that it's someone like Gunn?

He's... kind of one note these days. It is all the same sort of comedy. So, I'm not at all sure he's a good leader for a stable of characters who should be handled with different styles, many of which aren't all that intrinsically funny.

Because, if he does a Justice League that is basically the Suicide Squad or Guardians of the Galaxy, that's not going to be a good thing.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
He's... kind of one note these days. It is all the same sort of comedy. So, I'm not at all sure he's a good leader for a stable of characters who should be handled with different styles, many of which aren't all that intrinsically funny.

Because, if he does a Justice League that is basically the Suicide Squad or Guardians of the Galaxy, that's not going to be a good thing.
Absolutely, MCU has pretty much cornered the Humourous Action Spectacle market and even if Gunnis willing to go R-rated, making DC Humourous Action Spectacles would be absolutely the worst idea.

Sure we dont need the grimm pain of Snyders Superman but lets not turn everything in to Peacemaker either

no Superman needs to be the sort that talks down a jumper by hugging them.

and also takes down the clan while being completely fictional.

none of this hard edge nonsense that gave us objectivist superman.
LOL. Yeah, sounds like you're reading hard edge = murder which is not what I was going for.
I'm not sure what work the word fictional is doing in your post. Is it the opposite of compassionate hugging?
And if Supes is battling the clan in the next movie then you're just accentuating my point about a decent script

Remove ads